• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You just read my mind...though they don't seem to be carrying the two I was interested in (good to see pricing though).
Are the scarves (black/blue paisley and other floral pattern) or fenway trousers stocked anywhere else?

Yeah I was looking mainly for the paisleys. At the price they are going for I'm definitely getting one or two immediately and probably more when sales start

rairhash

Reaction score
Good work by Daiki. But I think last year was better.

Items I'll buy for now.

Beautiful scarf that is, already placed my order.

And this work shirt.

And then 2 fatigue shorts. But probably there will be much more.

Oh I love EG.

cookinbap

Reaction score
Hey, is there any sites where (aside from Context and Jonathan) new EG is listed? Looking for the 'Douglas' shirt in dk navy.

James

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen much EG 2012 available elsewhere yet, definitely haven't seen a navy Douglas. When you find it....get it! I picked up my khaki one the other day and absolutely love it, fantastic shirt.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did, they are my local store so anytime they have an EG piece I want that is where I get it.

cookinbap

Reaction score
Awesome piece. Can you give me a brief description on the shirt? Thick? I reside in Australia and the climate here is HOT.

James

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's thick for a SS shirt I'd say, which is one reason I like it. It's obviously designed a little bit as an overshirt or a light shirt jacket (and styled that way in many of the images I've seen of it). I plan to wear it as just a shirt though. I don't think it will be too hot for summer myself, but I also don't like real thin and lightweight shirts. I prefer something a little more substantial and that is one reason I bought it. It's also a weight that i can see myself wearing all four seasons which is something else I prefer. Outside of a couple flannels and a couple lightweight summer shirts I do have, almost all my shirts are suitable for four season use.

The shirt construction is fantastic. It has cotton lining all through the shoulder section and the elbows, it has on interior button pocket (like you used to get on the WWM Cruiser shirt when Daiki was designing them) plus all the outside pockets. The elbow reinforcements are very nicely finished and not left rough like the workshirts....which is nice since the sleeves are designed to be rolled up which will show the white cotton lining there. The sleeves feature a one button cuff and a two button placket going up the sleeve, this to is done to facilitate easy sleeve rolling without it getting too tight on the upper arm.

Fit is generous, much more so than their workshirts this season. I'm usually a large in the workshirt, though this season even those are getting a little too snug. The Douglas in a large fits great and can easily be worn over another shirt or by itself. I could have sized down to a medium except for the chest/shoulder fit. It's also shorter than their workshirts, which I really like.

That is all I can think of now....let me know if you have any specific questions, happy to help if I can.

cookinbap

Reaction score
Slide, thanks for the detailed info. Everything you described pushes this shirt towards the top of my list. I was hesitant with the khaki. I loveee the dk navy because the dark color shows the stitching well. I might have to lean on the khaki though. It has a more summer feeling.

James

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is what sold me on the khaki. I didn't want green because I have a few pair of olive green pants that I like to wear and while I think a khaki/khaki or blue/blue combo can work, I think green/green is hard to pull off without looking militant. The navy looks great but seems like a very hot color choice come summertime. Khaki seemed perfect for the best versatility.

cookinbap

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from these Japanese sites ('Doo Bop, Eggplant, Basies)? Any recommendations? Experience? They always seem to have the 'good stuff' and wider range. The yen has always been the killa for me.

James

catchh

Reaction score
I have ordered from doo-bop and silver and gold. Both are excellent in service and the shipment arrives in a few days. The only problem is your gonna have to pay $100 or so more for whatever your getting, I usually order if only available in Japan and you really really want it.

Last edited:

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dayton Shirt (Lawn Linen 55%/Cotton 45%, Khaki and Navy)

67933134.jpg

36f8bda0.jpg

523b0b5c.jpg

f98ea564.jpg

56b5abfe.jpg

bcc14ab6.jpg

c155b3bf.jpg

29a71479.jpg

Round Collar Shirts in Polka Dot

72f01be4.png

d2d70151.png

c2121278.png

004bfeb5.png

e763dcee.png

e732b91b.png

a790bda7.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads