• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not finding anything from this season I want :/ which is a first.
That needles stuff looks cool tho.

IndependenceChi

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Independence just recieved the second shipment of S/S '13 Engineered Garments.

We have the folllowing...

19th Century Shirt - Plaid Madras
Work Shirt - Plaid Madras
Bedford Jacket - Navy Cotton Pique
Bedford Jacket - Khaki Nylon Taslan

Give us a call at 312.675.2105 or email us at [email protected] if you have any questions or would like to pick up any of the pieces!

Brattman

Reaction score
I went by a local store and EG stockist here in Victoria called Outlooks today, after they received their SS'13 EG stock yesterday. Off the top of my head, they had the dark navy cotton pique Bedford, a navy jersey Baker, a tab collar floral shirt, the hula girl shirts in both colourways, some graphic tees with both polkadots and diamonds screen printed on them, the navy striped shawl collar cardigan, and a couple other shirts that escape my memory. I picked up the navy Bedford in cotton pique, which I was really hoping they would have. For that piece, the fabric is nice and light, and the fit is spot on.

runningfrog

Reaction score
doo-bop (japan) has a couple work shirt exclusives for ss13, including this blue/red gingham that i copped last night. i love how this two color gingham micro pattern looks purple from a distance, but you can see the blue/red detail up close.

http://www.doo-bop.com/shopping/products/shosai.php?itemcd=4-199&b=10

shipping to the US is 2200yen (~ $23) and you can pay using paypal. the online ordering assumes you live in japan, but just fill in some BS fields for the japanese address and put your shipping address in the comments. they will also confirm your shipping address by email/paypal.

i've ordered from these guys before and they're easy to work with and very helpful. it's gonna be a summer of EG as i'm adding this shirt to the pink madras workshirt and anchor shorts i got from context. :D

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interesting...I was wonder how one goes about ordering from them. Had considered enlisting the help of a work friend who's in Japan but this would be easier. Little expensive for a workshirt after shipping and everything...but I love their two exclusives, especially that gingam. Hmm....so tempting but probably shouldn't spend any more money right now.

Congrats on a great shirt that will be super rare here in the states.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pic of my SS11 floral ground jacket

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know where to post but here is my fall go-to fit with EG:

yI4Seds.jpg

FW12 padded vest
FW11 wool bedford (serge)
Gitman
Dockers
Caminando

Also, those looking for fatigue pants, look no further than Outlier. The nyco slims in olive drab are perfect. If you go tts, they fit pretty darn straight, not slim at all and the fabric is awesome. Same military fabric that you would see on m65's and fatigue shirts. I think they are a great alternative for those looking for a slimmer fit than the workaday fatigues, without the lightweight fabric of the reverse high count pants they put out this season.

AmvckgY.jpg

Last edited:

atlr

Reaction score
Anyone tried on this seasons mainline fatigue pants yet? Measurements tell me they might be on the large side on the waist, thinking of sizing down but afraid they might end up too short.. I've always worn size M/32 for all other EG pants: USN, painter, desert pant and they all fit me well. Fatigues have the waist strap/belt thing though and the side waist adjusters too, so a 32 might work anyway.. Any thoughts? Buy regular my size or size down to a S?

Grainer

Reaction score
My best guess for you is to get the small (don't know how tall you are). I got the small - I'm 6'2" and for a summer pant the length is fine in my opinion. The waist with the adjusters open is slightly larger than the USN size 32.

Edd

Reaction score

Anyone tried on this seasons mainline fatigue pants yet? Measurements tell me they might be on the large side on the waist, thinking of sizing down but afraid they might end up too short.. I've always worn size M/32 for all other EG pants: USN, painter, desert pant and they all fit me well. Fatigues have the waist strap/belt thing though and the side waist adjusters too, so a 32 might work anyway.. Any thoughts? Buy regular my size or size down to a S?

I just bought a pair in medium, they are lightweight 100% cotton which suprised me as they look like they have some nylon in them. Size wise I got them as 88cm across with tabs unfastened which I shade over 34 waist. I'd say tabs closed is around 32. Think you could wear S or M if you are a 32 waist.

Dino19

Reaction score
My Tri-Colour Popover will be delivered by Gary soon.

I'm digging the Rail Roader Chambray Jacket, pricey though. Still considering.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads