• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Knight

Reaction score
FYI

Today we received our third delivery. Here's what we got

S3B0275 / Polo / White/Navy Jersey Stripe $170.00 XS > XL
S3C0342 / Truman Vest / Ecru Cotton/Linen Cloth $230.00 S > XL
S3E05108 / Fatigue Short / Dark Navy Broken Twill $205.00 XS > XL

So exciting! Fatigue shorts in navy twill sound amazing!!!

El QUaG

Reaction score

FYI

Today we received our third delivery. Here's what we got

S3B0275 / Polo / White/Navy Jersey Stripe $170.00 XS > XL
S3C0342 / Truman Vest / Ecru Cotton/Linen Cloth $230.00 S > XL
S3E05108 / Fatigue Short / Dark Navy Broken Twill $205.00 XS > XL

Hi Gary, have you ordered the Truman Pants in Ecru Cotton/Linen?

badeggcat

Reaction score
Anyone picked up the Long Banded Collar Shirt? Can't seem to find any info on the fit, even on Japanese stockist.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Gary, have you ordered the Truman Pants in Ecru Cotton/Linen?

There's an ecru truman pant?

I was told early in the season that there was no matching pant for the ecru truman jacket, can somebody confirm the existence of an ecru pant?

Last edited:

JasperSims

Reaction score
Hey,
Was curious what proxies you guys use and if there's one you especially recommend? I can pretty much get all my EG in the U.S. because of the NYC store, but there's a lot of other great stuff that I'm looking to get from overseas.
Anyways, to contribute to the discussion, these are the pieces I'm really feeling this season. (I know there's a lot, but I think all of these pieces are seriously class!

My post got held for verification or something and just got the okay, so I don't think anyone saw it. Anyways, not trying to double post, but just curious as to what proxies you guys use/reccomend? Thanks again.

JasperSims

Reaction score
Hey,
I made a post a couple days ago, but it got held for verification? Or something, so I don't think anyone saw it. Anyways, was just curious as to what proxies you guys use/recommend? Any information is really appreciated as I'm trying to pick something up from overseas store sooner than later. Thanks!

Grainer

Reaction score
There is an ecru Truman pant, I got it from Nepenthes (with help from randomkoreandude for the proxy). It is quite cool, quite different than many other EG pants. Some slight pleats and no belt loops, just side tabs.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brattman

Reaction score
Do Japanese retailers deduct tax in a similar way European countries do for foreign customers?

Knight

Reaction score

Anyone picked up the Long Banded Collar Shirt? Can't seem to find any info on the fit, even on Japanese stockist.

Yeah I got one a couple weeks ago it's basically a long popover with a 19th BD style fit. It has pockets too hidden on each side.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

curious about those fatigue shorts...I picked up the Baker in the navy broken twill and it says dry clean only. Is it the same for the shorts? Guessing it's the same fabric but that seems strange for shorts.

I would consider this as the default labeling of most garments today to protect the manufacturer from fabric failure due to consumer ignorance about how to properly care for garments. It never ceases to amaze me that when consulting a client as to how to care for a garment, that it's the "Deer in the headlights" look I get as a response. Gee wizz, I guess Momma is still doing your ****.
First of all, you need to separate your garments into categories. Light, white, dark and delicate and as for delicate, I always do most of my laundry delicate and turn everything inside out to avoid fabric abrasion while your clothes are messing with each other during the wash cycle. Cold is always the way in which you should wash most of your clothing, the detergent formulas today work equally as well as they did in the days when warm or hot only got things clean. The only wash I do hot is my undergarments, sheets and towels. As for drying, I never use the dryer except for towels and sheets. Being tall and my Mom always drying the **** out of our clothing, I always ended up with my trousers up around my armpits, so no dryer because you lose size and and it diminishes the quality of the fabric.
Here is a useful guide that you should print and put near your laundry or in your closet for reference when in doubt. Good luck!

http://www.textileaffairs.com/c-common.htm

Gary

Last edited:

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks man! I know about Rakuten, but never heard of eggplant before. Was just wondering, does eggplant just do international orders from their store or can you use their service at other stores overseas? Thanks.

I don't know. I've only used it to get an Orslow chambray shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads