1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. catchh

catchh Senior member

I got the Andover in Navy, it was my first suiting jacket from EG. The Med was to tight on me in the chest and shoulders which is crazy as I'm only 5'9 140 pounds. I had to size up to a large which fits much better, its definitely a size smaller from your normal size I'd say.

Also I got a great pair of pants up for sale from last spring/summer if anyones interested!

2. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Wow the serge wool andover from fall must fit a lot differently. I'm a little bigger than you and the M is too big for me. Will be flipping it I think.

3. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Yes wow. That sounds like a whole size smaller than usual. I'm also 5'9, 161 pounds. What's your chest and shoulder measurements?
    Can you specify what Andover you got and from what season? SS13 Dark Navy Cavalry Twill?

Thanks

One reason for that might be because of the material, like the year 1492 mentioned the wool jackets being softer and having greater mobility.
    Actually, I too can confirm this when comparing my wool herringbone truman to my ecru truman or heavy whipcord bedford (which has hardly no mobility/stretch at all).

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

has anyone picked up the sky blue cord trucker jacket? thoughts?

5. catchh

catchh Senior member

Yes the SS13 Dark Navy Cavalry Twill. My chest is 39-40 and shoulders 17.5-18.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  6. the year 1492

the year 1492 Senior member

Thanks for all the help, guys. I ordered the jacket earlier today and I'm very excited for it to arrive.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  7. johnny1202

johnny1202 Well-Known Member

Blah outbid on eBay for an older engineers jacket. How depressing..

8. deeman

deeman Active Member

Has anybody had any experience with those metal buttons as seen on this summers navy bedford?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  9. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior member

I have that jacket and just got back from a trip where I wore it every single day. The buttons have held up well so far. I was curious about this too, as I heard lots of reports about them breaking in the A/W season jackets that had them. Maybe those quality issues have been resolved?

10. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Holy shit the ecru truman pant really does exist, thanks for the info Shingles.....

11. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Anyone picked up this season's hawaiian patterned snap back hat? How does it fit?

12. deeman

deeman Active Member

yeah I heard about buttons falling off too so I was going to go with something else...however I wanted a Bedford and just got it anyway...I'm glad to hear you haven't had any problems...seems like your getting good wear out of it so far:)

13. atlr

atlr Well-Known Member

Anyone seen the floppy hat in navy (corduroy or cotton/nylon) available anywhere outside Japan yet?

(...also, I have a pair of sz M olive mainline SS13 fatigue pants for sale in the marketplace.)

14. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Anyone know where to find post overalls travelers vests in xl?

15. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Historically, does the Bureau tend to run any sales or promos before the end of the SS season? I've got my eye on a couple of their EG pieces.

16. prurient

prurient Senior member

17. deeman

deeman Active Member

Yeah they will have a sale. The last week of August usually

18. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Most American stockists will have S/S on sale well before then.

19. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I'm hoping for even a little promo, like 15%. Is that something they ever do?

20. mtre

mtre Senior member

They did a 10% promo a couple of weeks ago, which I think is a first for them! as they normally only do free shipping.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013