• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Feeling the love on this ...

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any news of hats being delivered to stores?

I'm interested in bucket hats or wide brim hats.

Regarding bucket hats, I have one from the FW13 season (reversible). I am curious, are there various styles of the EG bucket where one version has a wider brim in the front, and a shorter brim in the back? More so, the crown in my particular hat at the back puffs out. When worn it looks like I have my hair tied up and tucked inside the hat.

See photos. You can see that the backside is almost nonexistent in terms of a symmetry. Some reasons I can think of is 1) This is suppose to be a hat for women 2) Error 3) This is intentional and the shorter brim is for collared tops when worn in the winter. I'm still floundering about wearing it outdoors. Seems like an odd shape...almost like a newsboy cap when I was under the impression it would be more like a bucket hat.

Right side
14856325932_498056e43e_z.jpg

Left side
14833665366_61522bb29e_z.jpg

Last edited:

Brattman

Reaction score
Can Drinkwaters or someone else with similar knowledge share the fabric types that the E1 pants come in this season?

mbaum

Reaction score
Shoot guys - Apart from brown/ orange, my head is so not in the FW game yet. I am so going to miss out all the good stuff. Off to Carmel next week for the classic car festivities up there. WIll make sure to amuse my friends with one EG outfit after another. Of course shorts and jackets only ...

Shingles

Reaction score

how much is the floral revers coat ?
Reversible Coat Olive Poplin $720 Khaki Cotton/Linen Coated Canvas $720 Dk. Navy Cotton/Linen Coated Canvas/Herringbone $795 Dk. Navy Cotton/Linen Coated Canvas/Floral Jqd $840
There's that' men's floral jacket! Really like this one too:
Will be getting that one!
need more info on the dk grey heavy brushed hb... - I saw its 100% cotton but how warm would you guys rate the fabric - Is the bedford in this fabric fully, partially or unlined - is the true color closer to gentry's pics (med-dark grey) or closer to LB pics (light-med grey) tia
Most probably partially lined, in the arms only. Here's some more photos of the fabric, seems to be taken in natural light, i'd like to think they reflect the real thing. http://shop.kink-nagoya.com/?pid=78709989
Any news of hats being delivered to stores? I'm interested in bucket hats or wide brim hats.
Context just got some. Printed Felt Hat Navy Fur Printed Felt Hat Brown Fur Deerstalker Charcoal Hb Deerstalker Brown Homespun http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/engineered-garments

Last edited:

Jagger_On

Reaction score

There's that' men's floral jacket! Really like this one too:
This looks so much better there than in the lookbook for me. This might be the jacket / EG suit for me this season.
need more info on the dk grey heavy brushed hb... - I saw its 100% cotton but how warm would you guys rate the fabric - Is the bedford in this fabric fully, partially or unlined - is the true color closer to gentry's pics (med-dark grey) or closer to LB pics (light-med grey) tia
I ddin't realise they were cotton, think I just assumed they would be a really soft wool. I think I'd prefer it if they were a mid to light grey (not too light though). Garbstore and Liberty should have their first drops out this weekend. Hopefully I'll have time to nip in to town and they'll have something in this fabric.
Shoot guys - Apart from brown/ orange, my head is so not in the FW game yet.
This so much. We've had such a great summer this year and its still so warm that I can't get my head around buying flannels and wools while I'm still looking to buy shorts.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang. Looks like I won't be getting the reversible anytime soon. Hoping the floral makes it to some sales racks

Jorme

Reaction score
Black Polka Dot Brushed Twill Robe is pretty cool, good long layer alternative to the shawl.

cotton 100% and for $324 from Nepenthes NY

tumblr_inline_n9y18q66P31qe44yl.jpg

Lendo

Reaction score
Probably just offline until they update the images.

That's in response to eusticity

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads