• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

Shogun24

Reaction score
I don't think there was any overall's this past s/s or last f/w. Definitely F/W 10 and earlier more workwear-y seasons had them. This past s/s had the combi-suit which is a shorts jumpsuit. There may still be a couple floating around on sale somewhere.

There aren't :/. Trust me. I've been looking for weeks. I emailed spammed a lot of Japanese distributors, even did Google Translate messages, and no one has ******* anything EG. I just want one of those Combi Suits in a Large...

Last edited:

mbaum

Reaction score
What colors would you guys wear the orange/ brown knit with re: pants: beige, blue, olive, gray, brown/ homespun? All of the above?

Don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave,

Mike

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What colors would you guys wear the orange/ brown knit with re: pants: beige, blue, olive, gray, brown/ homespun? All of the above?

Don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, 

Mike

I'd say Olive or Grey would be my first choices.

mbaum

Reaction score
I really wish they'd bring back the Bush shirt for this season.
It is. Check out look book pic #23 - One of my favorite looks this season and I am inclined to get the entire fit (Somebody with better posting skills might be able to post it here ... I could not save it as a pic).

Mike

piluchavez

Reaction score

It is. Check out look book pic #23 - One of my favorite looks this season and I am inclined to get the entire fit (Somebody with better posting skills might be able to post it here ... I could not save it as a pic).

Mike

You're right, I missed it. Oh hell yeah.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Looks like Nepenthes Japan is getting their Vans this weekend. I contacted them for a international order, but they won't ship overseas. I thought more pairs would surface on the resell/ebay market but zero luck.

If you anyone from Japan on here willing to proxy over to the states, please let me know.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, don't cave, 

Mike

I'm thinking the brown canvas fatigues would look pretty good.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Nepenthes Japan is getting their Vans this weekend. I contacted them for a international order, but they won't ship overseas. I thought more pairs would surface on the resell/ebay market but zero luck.

If you anyone from Japan on here willing to proxy over to the states, please let me know.

there's often a few pairs of vans x eg on yahoo japan auctions. Very overpriced iirc, but if you are really really desperate and they have your size. Otherwise I'm sure Nepenthes NY will get another drop eventually.

eluther

Reaction score

Olive, indigo, navy, dark grey, light khaki – basically every staple. Not sure about homespun because I've never seen either in person but there's potential there. I don't think the saturated brown of the canvas fatigues would be exceptionally flattering but it's a possibility.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What colors would you guys wear the orange/ brown knit with re: pants:

Mike

olive, brown, khaki,,,,, some copper would look cool, maybe even those orangy duck canvas pants that came out a while back

Last edited:

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score
I need those homespun ghurka pants, but everyone is sold out of 32's!

What's everyone's opinion of the faux-suede being used for the patches this season? Thick or thin? Durable or cheap feeling?

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Olive, indigo, navy, dark grey, light khaki – basically every staple. Not sure about homespun because I've never seen either in person but there's potential there. I don't think the saturated brown of the canvas fatigues would be exceptionally flattering but it's a possibility.

I was just wondering why you don't think the brown will work? I was thinking the little bit of orange in the jacket would complement the brown quite well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads