Engineered Garments FW 14

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 27, 2014.

1. eluther

eluther Senior member

Looks too matchy to my eye:

[​IMG]

@Cotton Dockers Thanks for the link, but yeah – I was looking for the other colorway. I'm sure that shirt looks good under a jacket, but without one it reminds me of some 70-year-old widow living in a trailer in Arkansas' curtains and table cloth.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014

2. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

anyone know who will be stocking the brown orange shawl knit and the brown homespun bedford?

3. eluther

eluther Senior member

Nepenthes NY has the orange shawl knit. Only place I've seen with it, though you could email them for their master stock list.

4. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Yeah, I will probably do so. Just wanted to ask here first in case anyone else already asked. I may bite the bullet and buy something retail for the first time in years

5. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Ha. Quite apt.

Per Nepenthes, the bedford is stocked by the following:

Bureau
    Context
    Correspondances EG
    Corridor EG
    Denka
    Drinkwaters
    Garbstore
    Inventory Stockroom
    Jack Straw
    Mini Shop
    Portland Dry Goods
    SF Market
    Siwali. Central Trading Co, LTD.
    Tailor at the Tannery
    VMC EG

6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Need at least one of those knits in my life... even though I already have tons of heavy duty knits that are excessive for where I live.

7. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

Whoa, button shawl fabrics look really nice this season.

8. eluther

eluther Senior member

Let's all be honest: conversation about these $500 knits has dominated the last few pages of conversation. Let's all buy one, admit that we like the bourgeoise ex-pat/Pacific NW ambience of wearing a robe in public, and have an EG-robe-wearing massacre of WAYWT. We'll become the masters of a new regime and replace space hobo goth outlaw with tea drinking and wearing multiple patterns.

9. Cotton Dockers

I'm in.

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I just want to buy one and wear at home. Looks so cozy and I don't have to worry about babying it (hooray for elbow patches)

What other accessories will be available aside from scarves and button shawls?

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

All this shawl knit talk, the least I could do is share some pics. Fresh from Nepenthes (I love one day UPS shipping turnaround time from NYC to PA):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Details:
    Faux Suede Elbow Patches
    [​IMG]

Inner Tag and Paisley Backing to Front Pockets
    [​IMG]

Paisley Lined Interior of Front Pockets
    [​IMG]

First impressions:

Love it. The paisley linings were a nice surprise touch. The front design is longer this season then in the past, which I think I like more as it gives it a more closed/squared bottom front, plus it will help keep more cold air from passing beneath. Past seasons were a bit more scalloped if that makes any damn sense. The fabric is similar to a lambswool so somewhere in between soft and scratchy. I didn't wear it around for too long, but it's nice and warm, but not overly so; I'm thinking it will be good for most of the PA winter if layered with some other warm tops/sweaters beneath. For the temps closer to the teens, don't think it's going to cut it and that's fine for me. I went my standard size (small) and would recommend others do the same.

The belt doesn't have the button closures like past season's, but that's not such a bad change, now it is truly a belted shawl which needs to be tied. I was a bit annoyed that one of the button ties was coming loose, but the mother in-law works with knits, so I'll get that taken care of no problem.

The shawl is fantastic too as it can be shaped and styled in a few ways: flat, fully upright, and somewhere in between. I tried to capture that in the pics I posted. Love the versatility it provides.

Extra bonus were the FW14 FWK, EG, and Needles look books thrown in the box. Nepenthes Shop is top notch all around. This will be worn well this winter, no doubt.

Now everyone else needs to pick one up so we can take over WAYWT like @eluther suggested :slayer:

12. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Thanks for the input guys. Pretty much very versatile. Gotta resist the urge. Just back from the beach. How on earth can I possible order that thick knit? Maybe it can serve as pool side robe?

Mike

Edit: After Tonio's pics it's sh*t, I am getting it! On the phone with Nepenthes in the am. Dare any of you grabing an L. Gary @Drinkwaters , you don't carry the orange/ brown, right, otherwise I will call you, of course.

Edit II: WAYWT EG knit masacre: It is on!

13. Cotton Dockers

14. eluther

eluther Senior member

Feeling very conflicted about the Highland cargoes – the pockets are enormous and the leg is so slim. But I have this vision of them in brown 8W cord that they'd be so great with a navy coat.

Anyone want to weigh in? Has EG had a similar cut before (besides Matt) that similarly broke your heart? The only store stocking them is in Korea, so it'll probably be ridiculously expensive to procure them anyway.

15. Shogun24

Shogun24 Member

Allow me to be your voice of reason. Don't. I get what you're thinking but it won't look like that.

On second thought, they look really damn good. Disregard