• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kinda wish there was a grey iteration of the belted shawl knit that wasn't herringbone. Really tempted by the navy one, but I've got so many navy jackets and shirts as it is. It'd be nice to add something like this belted knit in a charcoal.

eluther

Reaction score
The high in Phoenix today is 105 and I just ordered the orange brown knit jacket. The lookbook sold me on it – thinking that jacket with dark shirts and olive fatigues.

TBB sold out of the Banded Collar Shirt in Khaki Houndstooth Plaid; if anyone sees a US stock list carrying it, please throw up those images. One of the two shirts I was really stoked on this season.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@APK, so from what season was that prior one you posted, I recall that one was dark grey, no?

also theres a nice black one on sale in medium at haven

Last edited:

mbaum

Reaction score
The high in Phoenix today is 105 and I just ordered the orange brown knit jacket. The lookbook sold me on it – thinking that jacket with dark shirts and olive fatigues.

TBB sold out of the Banded Collar Shirt in Khaki Houndstooth Plaid; if anyone sees a US stock list carrying it, please throw up those images. One of the two shirts I was really stoked on this season.

Man, even "only" 80 holds me back here in LA to even think fall stuff. besides, haven't worn half my summer stuff ... Congrats on the orange/ brown one. How did you size? Would assume that those are cut very generous. Look book also sold me on that, especially with the long Dayton in tattersal shirt thing. Have not seen those long shirts (Dayton or Bush) out yet.

On the shirt, call Mohawk in LA. I think they have it.

Mike

Shingles

Reaction score

Shawl Collar Knit Jacket orange/brown Rib Sweater Knit?
Interested in that one too. Where'd you buy it and how did you size? TBB states the Small is 21" p2p. That's how I like my shirts. Will the knit jacket be too big you think?

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@APK, so from what season was that prior one you posted, I recall that one was dark grey, no?

also theres a nice black one on sale in medium at haven

I guess that's actually the navy. Silly as it sounds, I could better justify to myself getting the jacket if it looked like that and not the dark navy it appears to be in the photo set just posted. Maybe someone can clarify which picture is more accurate, unless I'm a moron and they aren't even the same knit.

HelloFello

Reaction score

Man, even "only" 80 holds me back here in LA to even think fall stuff. besides, haven't worn half my summer stuff ... Congrats on the orange/ brown one. How did you size? Would assume that those are cut very generous. Look book also sold me on that, especially with the long Dayton in tattersal shirt thing. Have not seen those long shirts (Dayton or Bush) out yet.

On the shirt, call Mohawk in LA. I think they have it.

Mike

Yea this weather is pretty harsh for us spoiled socal guys, but come on man, you know some of the fw stuff is what makes EG so special. Placed an order for the brown Homespun Bedford will post some pics when I receive it. But this FW will definitely be easier on the wallet for me than the SS.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah I think you're right apk, its also navy and that pic is just really washed out

Last edited:

eluther

Reaction score
Sized a M based on TBB's assertion that it runs TTS. Given that it's a thick knit (and it's a knit), I figured the p2p measurement is generous, i.e. the actual inside chest measurement of the jacket's smaller. I'm also fine with it being cut a little loose because, after all, it is essentially a robe.

@mbaum – I'm looking forward to those long shirts. Definitely going to pick one up this season because I was perpetually annoyed I slept on the SS14 non-print tunics. And I'll try Mohawk for the banded collar shirt – much appreciated.

@Shingles Picked it up from Nepenthes because it's free shipping in the US and I know they'll have it. That the brown homespun Bedford and banded collar shirt both sold out immediately at TBB has me anxious to kop the couple of things I really want early because of reverse buyer's remorse (e.g. like I had for the oxford tunics last season).

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love all the button shawl knit jacket versions from this season, all really great, especially with the elbow patches. I ended up with the herringbone for maximum wearability with my wardbrobe. The brown/orange is pretty damn rad and I had my eye on that too, but opted for something a bit more muted.

Nepenthes now has their master list available in case people wanted to contact them for item/stockists. Wait until tomorrow though so they don't get swamped before getting the chance to get back to my email haha.

I spoke with Nepenthes NY and they said they had them. At least the charcoal one I asked about.

Good update, I was going to post yesterday when I got the update from Nepenthes, but didn't get a chance to log on in the evening. They do have all the variations now in store I believe. If anyone is looking for the size small in the charcoal herringbone, don't bother...it's on it's way to me :D I'll report back on some feedback when it gets here.

I want that herringbone so bad.
Don't forget the button shawls they just posted:
http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1374990/width/350/height/700
http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1374991/width/350/height/700
http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1374992/width/350/height/700

Already sent them an email about the navy. Is two button shawls for one wardrobe too many?

Haha, maybe, but if you can why not right? Have some fun with this fashiunz thing. I have been looking at the button shawls, but wondering with all of my knits that I own if I should and if so, how I would style it. Any recs? Maybe I'll pick one up for Mrs. Tonia.

Kinda wish there was a grey iteration of the belted shawl knit that wasn't herringbone. Really tempted by the navy one, but I've got so many navy jackets and shirts as it is. It'd be nice to add something like this belted knit in a charcoal.

There was last FW13 season. Like @canstyleace mentioned, I believe Haven still has one. That's the one I picked up, but ultimately returned it b/c I found an older season boucle version in black that I had been after for some time. It's a cool piece. I think the navy one from this season is nice and can actually pass for grey in certain lighting. With layering, it can certainly still stand out even with darker denim.

Shawl Collar Knit Jacket orange/brown Rib Sweater Knit?
Interested in that one too. Where'd you buy it and how did you size? TBB states the Small is 21" p2p. That's how I like my shirts. Will the knit jacket be too big you think?

Per my experience from last season's version and from one from a few seasons ago, I'd say stick with your standard EG size for tops. They are true to tagged size and cut a little roomy for layering, typical EG FW style.

dixonmanor

Reaction score
What's the Nepenthes retail on the Orange/Brown Sweater?

Also, picked up the Possible Bag from The Bureau, and just have to say, those guys continue to kill it. No charge for shipping to San Francisco. Ordered Monday eve, arrived today.

Jorme

Reaction score
Anyone carrying the Hooded Padded Vest yet? or are we too far from winter still. Thinking about this look 23

eglbaw148.jpg

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the Nepenthes retail on the Orange/Brown Sweater?

Also, picked up the Possible Bag from The Bureau, and just have to say, those guys continue to kill it. No charge for shipping to San Francisco. Ordered Monday eve, arrived today.

$504 and free shipping within the US.

The Bureau has awesome service to go along with their great selections, especially with EG.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, maybe, but if you can why not right? Have some fun with this fashiunz thing. I have been looking at the button shawls, but wondering with all of my knits that I own if I should and if so, how I would style it. Any recs? Maybe I'll pick one up for Mrs. Tonia.

Thanks for the heads up on the master list. I was waiting on that. Will email them back later. I got the price for the navy sweater knit shawl - think I am going to hold off for now. I have a move coming up and its looking like I am going to be needing a lot of furniture. Maybe If I can be thrifty I can swing the shawl.

I think there was a discussion (with pictures) from the last F/W about styling the shawl. It can be worn many ways including: buttons down front/cardigan style, buttons down arm/poncho style, as a scarf, or as a skirt. I usually wear mine poncho style or as a scarf. I have experimented with wearing it with the buttons down the arm and undoing two or three so I can slip my arm through. It sort of looks like a toga but works really well with layering over with a sport coat or jacket. I also share mine with my lady who likes it a lot.

Also: when you get it can you let me know how the herringbone sweater knit feels? I'm imagining it as soft but I could be wrong. Also, if anyone gets something in the navy sweater knit - please post impressions. As it stands right now I'm planning on buying the hooded dickie in navy sweater knit, the button shawl in navy sweater knit and the cardigan in herringbone - and then cry because I will be broke.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads