• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

GheeButtersnaps

Reaction score
Was this available and did anyone pick this up? I ordered the navy from Gentry, but they never sent it :thumbs-up:

I picked this up from Gentry probably ~2 months ago. It's one of my favorite Eidos products. It's very interesting in both fabric and design and generally goes with whatever I'm wearing. I like hand ****/pockets too.

Last I checked Unionmade still had some available.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
with kid, just not possible to go to sample sale what not, guess I'll see what pops up on ebay afterwards...

chickenfark

Reaction score
Found at saks off fifth in DC. 54R, $515 and I think 40% off

IMG_20171209_164008.jpg

Bleedblue

Reaction score
Anyone able to comment on Eidos sport coats vs Canali Kei? I love my navy Kei but want to lighten up its workload. I assume Eidos is comparable quality, but fit, cut...?

ETA: Eidos from Barney’s. Not sure what model the sport coat is but it’s a simple navy with flap (not patch) pockets.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Picked up a double breasted overcoat at the sample Sale. Love it, but couldn’t place what style it is or when. Old Eidos logo. Tag says “Alianf”

??

That’s the Aliano greatcoat - It was supposed to be made asymmetrical as the buttons were incorrectly placed extremely wide so we removed on one side and then the correction was never made at production. It’s an amazing silhouette - the collar and cuff shapes are my favorite part.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone able to comment on Eidos sport coats vs Canali Kei? I love my navy Kei but want to lighten up its workload. I assume Eidos is comparable quality, but fit, cut...?

ETA: Eidos from Barney’s. Not sure what model the sport coat is but it’s a simple navy with flap (not patch) pockets.

Barney’s is either Agusto or Treno, Augsto is not really a sports coat (for that kind completely unconstructed I prefer Boglioli, though i’m More CM biased). Treno is I assume what you want, though I would guess probably a bit longer than canali Kei? Both are good machine made full canvassed, can’t comment beyond that

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s the Aliano greatcoat - It was supposed to be made asymmetrical as the buttons were incorrectly placed extremely wide so we removed on one side and then the correction was never made at production. It’s an amazing silhouette - the collar and cuff shapes are my favorite part.
I agree -- the silhouette is impressive.

To clarify, the buttoning was designed to be asymmetrical? Also, which buttons were incorrectly placed too wide? The show buttons that you removed or the functioning row of buttons? (that is, was the wrap too wide?)

mphem

Reaction score

Both are relatively slim and modern in their styling which is good for casual wear. The Eidos Tenero and Balthazar that I have experience with both have less structure/padding than the Kei. The Eidos jackets are also longer with a lower button stance. Quality-wise the Eidos and Canali jackets are about the same. Both are good value for the money. Overall, I prefer the Eidos jackets more due to their cut being more flattering on me (the lower button stance and length).

Bleedblue

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Navy Tenero in my size on 80% sale at the Warehouse - have been meaning to get into the Eidos game after the incredible pieces I’ve seen, and at that price it’s a giveaway. Of course I found the most boring piece to do so with!

I wear a 42 in Kei so hope 40 in Tenero fits... anyone know?

mphem

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Navy Tenero in my size on 80% sale at the Warehouse - have been meaning to get into the Eidos game after the incredible pieces I’ve seen, and at that price it’s a giveaway. Of course I found the most boring piece to do so with!

I wear a 42 in Kei so hope 40 in Tenero fits... anyone know?

I wear a 36 US in both Canali Kei and Eidos Tenero. The Eidos is marginally slimmer so you may get by with the larger sizing. Normally I wear between 34 and 36 US.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The collar and cuff are amazing. I didn’t notice the buttons being too wide, but nice to know I can remove the nonfunctional ones rather easily. I did notice that the Black was heavier than the navy and red. Incredible weight. This thing is bullet proof.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads