• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 890847 Need some help with a good kop/ bad kop evaluation. Grabbed a navy blue Eidos sport coat from Barneys Warehouse on stupid sale - under $300. It shows up, fits well enough, but is a midnight blue with navy plastic buttons (!?!) and looks like it might have some pants associated with it languishing on a shelf at the Warehouse.

I snapped a pic of the tag. Is this A) really a sport coat B) mainline Eidos... if there even is an outlet line?

Thanks for the help!

That is definitely a SAND model jacket. A trick to tell is if you look at the numerals after the model name in the model code you will see a “G” for giacca when it is a jacket or an “A” for abito when what it is a suit.

Fitwise, the SAND is based on the old Isaia S body. This is something Eidos’ Russian agent asked to put into their collection in lightweight, four season fabrics that felt more like Isaia. That said, it looks like a TSAND, not an ISAND and I’m not entirely sure what that means. ISAND was fully canvassed. That market dealt directly with Isaia’s Italian team for their needs and may have offered a half canvassed version. With regard to button, it is hard to tell without seeing it but my guess is that it is corozo nut, not plastic, although I can’t be sure as Isaia often countersourced Eidos trim after I spec’d them to achieve better pricing. That said, when I was their we either used genuine horn, corozo or melamine (for a vintage military feel).

Bleedblue

Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed reply! Very helpful, and I do in fact believe this jacket is half-canvassed.

Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer to add something from Eidos to my wardrobe. Thank you for designing such cool pieces - will hope to snag some of the last ones you had a hand in.

everyday

Reaction score
@NickPollica There was in instagram story (from MNWA I think) that showed a beige (cotton?) suit, maybe with an Augusto Jacket Do you know if any retailer picked that up for SS18?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@NickPollica There was in instagram story (from MNWA I think) that showed a beige (cotton?) suit, maybe with an Augusto Jacket Do you know if any retailer picked that up for SS18?

I showed a stone slub cotton augusto with a matching morgan chino but I don’t recall if anyone bought it like that.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this Saks FJ the same one Marcus had last year? I have the NMWA donegal version, but am actually considering stashing this away too—such a deal. Homer Simpson-esque. "My prices are so low you'd think I suffered brain damage!"

upload_2017-12-14_7-57-19.png

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this Saks FJ the same one Marcus had last year? I have the NMWA donegal version, but am actually considering stashing this away too—such a deal. Homer Simpson-esque. "My prices are so low you'd think I suffered brain damage!"

View attachment 891395
it's the same AFAIK.

btw thanks for the link. i kopped…

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 891395
Kinda curious how thick/warm this might be? I have the slub cotton version, but wish it was warmer for the winter season.

TheBlackDonDraper

Reaction score
I'd say a Tenero in 52R is a wee bit snug on me especially while actively lifting weights but its 1000% comfortable day to day.

Picked up a 56R navy Tenero suit at the sample sale last day that fit perfectly in the shoulders but it was a balloon everywhere else. My tailor is working his magic and I'll post a fit pic eventually.

That is a bit snug, isn't it.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So unlike the original iterations were you sized down, are these the more snug version were you take your same suit size?

Assuming it’s from FW16, it’s the new and improved pattern Antonio said more resembles the original pattern he created. And yes when I tried it on I took my normal size, 52. Not sure if it’s this cloth or not but...
D4404AA9-031C-487F-AF27-C5DACA888028.jpeg

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
Assuming it’s from FW16, it’s the new and improved pattern Antonio said more resembles the original pattern he created. And yes when I tried it on I took my normal size, 52. Not sure if it’s this cloth or not but...
View attachment 891663

Looks amazing. Is that your walk-in closet behind you? Very impressive

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics