• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nickyboy

Reaction score
My understanding is that it is no longer available off the shelf. I wonder if you can order it MTO or top shelf?
EG can be so frustrating sometimes...if their shoes weren't so good I swear, I'd just buy something else!
Thanks though, I'll ask them what's possible when they open again. I don't want to MTO a last that I can't try first though. I thought TD had been stopped?

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EG can be so frustrating sometimes...if their shoes weren't so good I swear, I'd just buy something else! 
Thanks though, I'll ask them what's possible when they open again. I don't want to MTO a last that I can't try first though. I thought TD had been stopped?

I think you can e-mail them and they can respond via that channel.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
808 vs 888 last

IMG]

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The following models, per the EG catolog, are stocked only in/on the 808 last: Gladstone, Walcott, Exeter.

FWIW: A few months ago I was provided a list of stock models from the Jermyn St. store - together with the lasts such stock models were made on and together with the leather colors such stock models were available in. The shoes on the list (in the designated colors) were available for order without any MTO or TD upcharges. These three models were available (on that list) in the 808. And each of these three models was only available in certain colors. No other models (on that list) were available on the 808.

With respect to what can be ordered on the 808 with MTO or TD upcharges, I do not know.

nickyboy

Reaction score
808 vs 888 last
thankyou. it seems clear there that the 808 toe box is indeed a bit roomier, but the 888 angles around the vamp to have a higher instep and a higher heel cup- it's a more shapely last whereas the 808 is a bit blobby. The 888 definately has a hint of Gaziano about it. I prefer the look of the 888, a real improvement, but when I've tried it on, immediately thought "no".
thanks SFTG too, I knew you guys would know heaps. I've asked via email to EG about what's available. It's all about the fit.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jermyn St store closed? Aw, crap! I'm headed back to London in a few weeks and actually have a little open time for once. Hitting up EG was number 1 on my to do list.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thankyou. it seems clear there that the 808 toe box is indeed a bit roomier, but the 888 angles around the vamp to have a higher instep and a higher heel cup- it's a more shapely last whereas the 808 is a bit blobby. The 888 definately has a hint of Gaziano about it. I prefer the look of the 888, a real improvement, but when I've tried it on, immediately thought "no".
thanks SFTG too, I knew you guys would know heaps. I've asked via email to EG about what's available. It's all about the fit.

no problem glad it helped. i also posted a top down pic of the two lasts in my instagram

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
606 Nevis come on fellas. It'll be wet and sloppy in no time. Nothing like dainite in 2 inches of mud

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

606 Nevis come on fellas. It'll be wet and sloppy in no time. Nothing like dainite in 2 inches of mud

Unfortunately, that's what all the Galways and Dainite soled shoes are for. Personally, I'm still not sold on the Nevis for me. I suppose I am more of a Dover man.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Open your eyes to the other side! For the longest time I was an ass man but I've come to appreciate the upper half. Just give it a shot that's all eye ask

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads