• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Malvern III's in suede and canvas, on the 82 last.....

Junior

Reaction score
You're a brave man. I use Sno-Seal on my Islays during winter to deal with the salt. Wax polish is not enough (at least for me) when I'm walking 2 to 3 miles in ankle deep snow...
Salt = patina
nest.gif
(and thorough use of a damp cloth when I get to work/home)

Last edited:

CTBrummie

Reaction score

You're a brave man. I use Sno-Seal on my Islays during winter to deal with the salt. Wax polish is not enough (at least for me) when I'm walking 2 to 3 miles in ankle deep snow...

I used Obenauf's last winter but am going to give Chelsea Leather Food a crack of the whip this time round as I fancied something that sounded a bit more English!

Farhad, stunning boots as always.

Looking to improve

Reaction score
The suede and canvas Malvern III's... Wow. Just, wow.

MtB

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Salt = patina
nest.gif
(and thorough use of a damp cloth when I get to work/home)
:lol: been reading the leather quality thread? Snow in NYC is rough. The streets are very salted, the dirt and grime mix with the snow, and it turns into a puddled mess the next day. I will wear my Islays the first day but when it gets really bad, my AS Fordhams are built like tanks. Galways would be nice transition (more dressy) boots but I have a number of balmoral boots that fit that role well. Maybe ddd will buy me a pair to sway me. :thumbs-up: The Malvern III designs are great!

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in nyc this past Christmas, had to wear sneakers. I just can't bring myself to wear the good stuff in inclement weather. All though perhaps if I lived there, I would have a much larger rotation and thus be more willing to take chances.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
been reading the leather quality thread? Snow in NYC is rough. The streets are very salted, the dirt and grime mix with the snow, and it turns into a puddled mess the next day. I will wear my Islays the first day but when it gets really bad, my AS Fordhams are built like tanks. Galways would be nice transition (more dressy) boots but I have a number of balmoral boots that fit that role well.

Maybe ddd will buy me a pair to sway me.
thumbs-up.gif

The Malvern III designs are great!
Hmm, let me see.
puzzled.gif

Well I do have another pair on MTO now, but darn those probably are in my size and not your size.
boxing[1].gif

How about I just try working a bit harder to convince you to buy your own?
deadhorse-a.gif

rotflmao.gif

Last edited:

Arethusa406

Reaction score
I wear my Edward Greens to work every day in Manhattan. I carry a pair of Swims galoshes in my briefcase all the time and they make a big difference in rain or snow (up to about two inches). Not only does it help preserve the uppers, but it prolongs the life of the soles. Soles wear the most when they are wet.

I was in nyc this past Christmas, had to wear sneakers. I just can't bring myself to wear the good stuff in inclement weather. All though perhaps if I lived there, I would have a much larger rotation and thus be more willing to take chances.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EG monkstrap on 808 last

Diehardworkwear wrote a great piece about single monkstraps featuring the EG mercer on the 82 last which has the "x" shape strap. I think I prefer the so beltlike horizontal strap across the vamp. However I doubt you could go wrong with either

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EG monkstrap on 808 last

Diehardworkwear wrote a great piece about single monkstraps featuring the EG mercer on the 82 last which has the "x" shape strap. I think I prefer the so beltlike horizontal strap across the vamp. However I doubt you could go wrong with either

Smokin' Namor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads