Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Smokin' Namor.

2. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

Has anyone ever gotten a pair of EG's stolen? I go to break my re-crafted Asquith's out to wear today and the box was empty! I was on vacation last week and had a team of people painting my apartment. They have done work in the apartment previously with no issues. I keep my EG's in boxes in my closet. I checked all my other boxes to make sure I didn't place them in another box and no dice. I did notice that another 3-4 pairs were not placed as I would place them in the box. Makes me think someone was definitely going through the boxes. I haven't paid yet for the paint job. I'm going to confront the contractor. I've scoured the apartment and am absolutely positive I put the shoes back after I took the above pictures. I'm pretty pissed right now. If the shoes don't turn up should I withhold the cost of buying a new pair from payment?

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

thank you sir. btw, i spent the last month in MI. went to slows almost every week :embar:

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Ouch.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

that is crazy. this is acutally one of my worst fears of owning nice shoes; theft. just like any luxury item i have to be uber protective.

I would notify the contractor immediately, i.e. leave a message on his voicemail or gmail to let him know how urgent this is. Right now you still have the leverage so proceed quickly. Do you know how many individuals entered your apartment? It just might be the case that one of his guys knows about it and the contractor can withhold their salary until its cleared up. Good luck man. My heart goes out to you

6. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

At least 2 people - maybe 3. While I was moving everything in the apartment trying to find them I discovered that they put a piece of furniture up against a wall that wasn't dry yet. Ugh. Now my wife is pissed. The contractor is in the running for a 300K project for our condo building (large renovations to common areas). My wife, who is the VP of the condo board, just said that if this doesn't get resolved she is going to make sure they don't get the contract.

She's writing an angry e-mail now regarding the issues with pics of the shoes and a link to the Leffot website showing how much the shoes are to replace. Hopefully that works and they turn up.

7. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

cwh: sorry to hear about that. I hope they turn up and the thief gets the appropriate punishment. I think that would constitute grand larceny, no?

If not, will homeowners insurance cover?

8. Viral

Viral Senior member

Damn C.......sorry to hear that. I would absolutely address this with the contractor and definitely withhold some part of the final amount you owe him - unacceptable on all counts.

Do let us know the outcome......

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

Homeowners should cover as long as you took inventory of shoes I believe. Just did that recently for my collection to be sure

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

midnight navy shell sandringham

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a recent ebay pickup, a one-of-a-kind, "custom" shannon boot

[​IMG]

11. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

Heh. My favorite shells. I wonder how many pair of shoes we have in common.....

12. 89826

89826 Senior member

Don't write an angry e-mail, if it isn't too late. More leverage and helpfulness to be had starting out on an even keel. Sounds like you are holding many cards: payment for the job, chance at a $300k job, current pictures of your shoes and receipt for the redo (who has those!), and limited access to your place.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

13. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Mate, one of the good things about winter is the chance to wear heavy, well-made clothes and footwear!

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Namor the navy pair from leffot? And nice score on the Shannon boot

15. GamaH

GamaH Well-Known Member

Just received a pair of new EGs.

They fit me well -- the next size down would probably be too small -- but how much space is there supposed to be in the toe box? As in, due to the shape of the 82 last compared to the shape of a foot, I'm guessing the big toe shouldn't touch the tip of the shoe.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013