• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those in San Francisco, Andreas Gorgas or Tailors Keep can fix sleeve pitch issues.

Also, on another note, Salvo from I Sarti Italiani is coming in Spring 2019 to SF and possibly NY depending on the interest. Suits will be €1000 CMT, more with their cloth. PM if interested.

moltoelegante

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread, Peter. I am going to Noto (south of Siracusa) for a month for my honeymoon, and definitely hoping to try out a tailor or two while I am there. I was sad to read in this thread that Nunzio Zocco might be the last remaining bespoke tailor in Siracusa – I will definitely visit them. Are there any recommendations that don't already appear in this thread, located in Catania, Siracusa or Ragusa provinces?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread, Peter. I am going to Noto (south of Siracusa) for a month for my honeymoon, and definitely hoping to try out a tailor or two while I am there. I was sad to read in this thread that Nunzio Zocco might be the last remaining bespoke tailor in Siracusa – I will definitely visit them. Are there any recommendations that don't already appear in this thread, located in Catania, Siracusa or Ragusa provinces?
Your best bet is Catania - it’s a fairly large city, whereas Syracuse and Ragusa are quite small. Besides Palmisciano in Catania (who I highly recommend) I saw several shops that had the sign “sartoria” above the door. If you have time, dive in and report back :)

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Congrats. A month in Noto. That'd be great. If you drive around a little during your stay, you'll get to the tailors fairly easily.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
photos of their work?
Scrolling sucks, so here's a few:
22710316_1628867803837197_4424614839494639616_n.jpg
26868203_158400968276026_4295140580750524416_n.jpg
26871776_1666392430063444_1446152648620244992_n.jpg
29403483_215533479199453_7223955973340135424_n.jpg

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While pictures do not always tell the full story, I would not be very happy with this as my first order - the shoulders look problematic, amigo.

I took pics of the side profile which I think highlights the issue. The wrinkles are due to me wearing this for 12 hrs.

1st.jpg
2nd.jpg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting photos, and continuing to engage after the comments on your initial photos.

To me, the balance of the suit looks off - just look at the upward angle between the hem at the rear and where the fronts fall. This is then exacerbated by the sleeve pitch, and that the balance issues extend to the trousers where they are also not falling smoothly and following the line of your legs.

It’s impossible to comment without knowing the fitting process and also what conversations occurred between you and the tailor, but I would agree this needs work but it may also be better (not necessarily saying the tailor eats the cost of this) to start again.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting photos, and continuing to engage after the comments on your initial photos.

To me, the balance of the suit looks off - just look at the upward angle between the hem at the rear and where the fronts fall. This is then exacerbated by the sleeve pitch, and that the balance issues extend to the trousers where they are also not falling smoothly and following the line of your legs.

It’s impossible to comment without knowing the fitting process and also what conversations occurred between you and the tailor, but I would agree this needs work but it may also be better (not necessarily saying the tailor eats the cost of this) to start again.

I was aware of the balance issues. They tried to correct for it by tilting the suit forwards to even it out but it’s clearly not perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics