1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy and Sons of Henrey We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy, an international design collaboration based in Milan that focuses on creating fine ready-to-wear, sourcing top-quality materials and working with exceptional production facilities in Italy to offer honest, modern, and quality casual-wear, and Sons of Henrey a contemporary footwear brand, committed to producing a shoe of timeless elegance, at exceptional value.

East Sicily Tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by UrbanComposition, May 27, 2016.

1. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Distinguished Member

Shoulders, length, button point, breast pocket location, lapel width. The suit has no soul.

2. lordsuperb

Yes, martin greenfield.

3. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Distinguished Member

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

Well, I am not a fan of the suit stylistically either, but the shoulders - and by extension, back - need some surgery.

While I question the details that you mention, I don't know the... erm... house style?

5. lordsuperb

The comment was made in jest after he blitzed the Paul Stuart thread. I have no desire to try a new tailor or interact with the Martin greenfield factory. I gave Mark Rykken my cloth and he took care of the rest.

6. lordsuperb

Everything about the suit needs work. He even picked a formal cloth and gave it casual details. So much for taking notes all these years.

:brick:

7. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Distinguished Member

@taxgenius your suit looks comfy, but IMO you may wish to try a different silhouette. Super soft tailoring looks great on super fit dudes, or at least guys with wider shoulders. I'm not either of those, so I ask my tailor to extend the shoulder a bit, especially when the sleeves are attached to the shoulders via spalla camicia. This gives a bit of a V shape, which is generally seen as more flattering than, say, an O shape.

8. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Is that an example of the “house” style of the Sicilian Reserve tailor? Are there other examples of that tailor’s final product?

9. dalevy

dalevy Distinguished Member

My suit after some adjustments is sitting with USPS now waiting for me to pick it up.

And I believe there is/was a Sicilian Reserve thread with some pictures? Query whether those samples had the benefit the tailor seeing and doing the measurements for the subject rather than doing measurements remotely.

10. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Thanks. I would be interested in hearing your review.

11. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Distinguished Member

I have a jacket and trousers coming in soon. I posted a shot from the second fitting on the liabilities thread. I don't have one from straight-on except the one below it on the hanger.

The process has not been ideal IMO. And TaxG's jacket, the shoulders specifically, have me concerned about what my final product will be -- those divots and sleeve pitch/twist. You can see indications from this shot of the same issues. My jacket needed to be taken in under the armpits and he was going to raise the collar a bit. He marked the shoulders as well, but I'm not sure what he actually planned to do to them. I'll post more of a review when I get everything and can take some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi

A skilled alterations tailor can fix sleeve pitch.

13. novalis

novalis Senior Member

SR will be happy to resolve any residual fit issues and welcome customer feedback. Please contact us directly via email ([email protected]) or message us @sicilianreserve (IG/FB/Twitter) since we have limited ability to respond or interact with customers on Styleforum. Thanks for your patience.

14. C&A

C&A Senior Member

Tailors with limited ability
    Customers with limited ability
    Lean bespoke at its best

15. Mr.Hugo

Mr.Hugo New Member

taxgenius' has some shoulder issues, hard to judge based on these pictures. jcmeyer, shoulders look very nice to be honest!