• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was aware of the balance issues. They tried to correct for it by tilting the suit forwards to even it out but it’s clearly not perfect.

Could you clarify the process? Is this your first try after the basted fitting? Or is this after you got your finished suit and had a further meeting with the tailor? (not saying one way or another about whether this is an acceptable result either way, just curious).

I've not had a chance to take photos with mine, but they were able to correct some larger issues (though not as major as this) nicely after meeting with the tailor again, and have agreed to fix the small-ish remaining issues on the next visit.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics from my first fitting with Santi. Felt really good through collar, shoulders and chest. They are cleaning up the back and sides. Will have a second fitting to confirm length (it is being lengthened a bit) and button position.

4B6573F3-BABA-498B-92D6-A650C3084BEC.jpeg
8992F282-AAF3-40E6-8C67-A717F60954FD.jpeg
E5B95F82-9CFB-4A9A-B467-411A38109F2B.jpeg

Last edited:

ottmt89

Reaction score
My usual summer episode by Mr. Arrigo. This time I ordered a double-breasted with a vintage silk shantung 4x1, a jacket and a mohair pants. Both jackets are without front dart.I have also photographed a jacket that impressed me both for cutting and processing and for the fabric. It's a vintage cotton cut. Also this time I requested a different cut. Always shaped but softer than other times. Maybe it's my age that invites me every time to change something. I still do not have a definite style. I am happy with the result.

PicsArt_08-30-08.21.28-1.jpg

PicsArt_08-30-08.22.19-1.jpg

IMG_20180903_202514.jpg

IMG_20180903_202402.jpg

IMG_20180903_202329.jpg

Last edited:

mactire

Reaction score
My usual summer episode by Mr. Arrigo. This time I ordered a double-breasted with a vintage silk shantung 4x1, a jacket and a mohair pants. Both jackets are without front dart.I have also photographed a jacket that impressed me both for cutting and processing and for the fabric. It's a vintage cotton cut. Also this time I requested a different cut. Always shaped but softer than other times. Maybe it's my age that invites me every time to change something. I still do not have a definite style. I am happy with the result.

Very nice, do you also get shirts made in Sicily?

PeopleCountry

Reaction score
Back in East Sicily after a year and a half for a family vacation and went straight to Catania to drop off some fabrics at Vittorio Palmisciano's. For me it's going to be a Fox vintage navy hopsack blazer and two flannels in light grey and charcoal. I dragged along my father for a W.Bill brown Donegal jacket and my brother in law for a whole bunch of things. Vittorio has been great as ever and is working at lightning speed to get as many fittings as possible done before we head home.

He had a superb mid-brown tweed jacket ready for a client from Munich - if you read this, look forward!

IMG_0176.JPG

Now in between fittings I spotted something curious in the country mansion that we're staying at: there's a portrait of the owner, a Barone de Cristofaro, wearing a style of jacket that's a "doppio finto" or a "double-button-single", to remain with the 3-roll-2 syntax.

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

Anyone of you ever saw something like that, a DB buttoning as a SB? I asked Vittorio if he knew this style as typically Sicilian, but he doesn't. Never seen it. So it's either very old, from very far away, or a flaw by the painter, which I doubt.

Anyways, since I know you fine people care for such fine details I wanted to share it with you. Perhaps we'll have a new trend in the making..

Last edited:

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot see the pictures and your text made me eager to look at them!
Please solve the problem ASAP :slayer:

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much!

EDIT it seems to me that the artist has simply *********** proportions, trying to paint the Barone wearing a single coat and in a slightly tilted attitude.
I may be mistaken though. Nice pictures in any case - thank you for sharing!

Last edited:

moltoelegante

Reaction score
Yes, pics are working.
Nice jacket!
I will be visiting Vittorio in a few days, for the first time. Looking forward to it.

ottmt89

Reaction score
Very nice, do you also get shirts made in Sicily?

Thank you, I am currently looking for a handmade shirt. Every time I find some good craftsman who is a tailor, a shirt, a shoemaker, etc. I'll post it here

@PeopleCountry
I have many images of my ancestors where you can see the tailoring of the time (800-900) but I've never seen such a solution.However I saw it used in some jackets I saw a few years ago on ebay.

Palmisciano is a great tailor, I'm curious to see the result

@steve harley it is necessary to bring a picture or a drawing and to mark everything you want in your dress. Finally help yourself with the translator and you will not have any problems.

You do not need to know the names of a type of shoulder or work. It change from city to city. I am Sicilian and if I went to Palermo or Milan they would not understand me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads