• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

knathaniel

Reaction score
Perhaps not the ideal thread for this (feel free to ignore, but preferably point me in the right direction, but I purchased a past season DB Colin blazer from the row (https://www.therow.com/gr/shop/tailored-jacket_cod49497568vx.html) and am having a hard time finding the matching pant. I'm aiming to wear the suit to my wedding, so not really looking to mix separates...

Any suggestions from the CM side of Styleforum on what to do? What's the likelihood a tailor could fashion me a pair of pants that match?

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Perhaps not the ideal thread for this (feel free to ignore, but preferably point me in the right direction, but I purchased a past season DB Colin blazer from the row (https://www.therow.com/gr/shop/tailored-jacket_cod49497568vx.html) and am having a hard time finding the matching pant. I'm aiming to wear the suit to my wedding, so not really looking to mix separates...

Any suggestions from the CM side of Styleforum on what to do? What's the likelihood a tailor could fashion me a pair of pants that match?

The official SF advice is that you cannot make a new pair of pants to match, or at least, not within any reasonable amount of effort, because you wouldn't be able to match the material. To turn a jacket into a suit, you'd have to have someone from The Row help you find out from the Japanese manufacturer what the exact fabric is and then, assuming a tailor in the US can order it at all from the fabric merchant (Japanese factory almost certainly works through different channels than an American tailor), he'd have to order from the same spool/run. There are minor variations between fabric runs that are almost imperceptible, but when you wear them together, it becomes visible.

Have you tried looking on ebay or one of the other sites selling NOS designer garments? I was once able to find a vest to match a suit I had that way, but that was a J.Crew suit from a large production run, not a niche item like this, so I'd be surprised if there are loose Martin pants floating around.

knathaniel

Reaction score
The official SF advice is that you cannot make a new pair of pants to match, or at least, not within any reasonable amount of effort, because you wouldn't be able to match the material. To turn a jacket into a suit, you'd have to have someone from The Row help you find out from the Japanese manufacturer what the exact fabric is and then, assuming a tailor in the US can order it at all from the fabric merchant (Japanese factory almost certainly works through different channels than an American tailor), he'd have to order from the same spool/run. There are minor variations between fabric runs that are almost imperceptible, but when you wear them together, it becomes visible.

Have you tried looking on ebay or one of the other sites selling NOS designer garments? I was once able to find a vest to match a suit I had that way, but that was a J.Crew suit from a large production run, not a niche item like this, so I'd be surprised if there are loose Martin pants floating around.

Official advice is what I'm looking for! Having never been in this position before I assumed it would be a long shot, but perhaps a slim possibility that the ability to near match the fabric and have a pair of trousers made would work.

I've been scouring the various resale sites and haven't had much luck, but I have some time so I won't give up hope yet. Greatly appreciate the reply!

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B9BF0200-A816-4D9D-8266-48487B7EDA86.jpeg
20C3C466-5C2D-4F4D-A541-61AE111BBC5A.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads