• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
BLACK FRIDAY IS ALL MONTH LONG!

SAVE UP TO 50% ON SELECT MODELS

ce13f789-60e2-4a3d-a7c9-618c039ceee4.jpg

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Digging these loafers. Kinda want something casual like that.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Daniel__G

Reaction score
After two weeks of waiting, it finally comes to the end of this story. Here are the replacements I received from CU today:

View attachment 1492068
View attachment 1492069

Before these two pairs are made, Daniel, the head of operations of CU, reached out to me and explained to me the quality control process at CU. Alongside the shoe cream and shoe trees he is offering me for compensation, Daniel promised me to do the QC himself and make sure both the clicking and QC processes are of a higher standard in the future. He was confident enough to say that if these replacements still don't make my standards, he'll leave them to me and give my money back.

Upon inspecting these replacements, I have to say I trust what he said. There are no significant blemishes, marks, or loose grains on either of the pair. I would say that the leather is of the same quality as Carmina and the construction is slightly duller in detail but generally well constructed. They are definitely a better bang for the buck. I'm sure they are the last replacements I need to get from CU. Since these replacements are satisfactory, I decided to retract my previous warnings. After all, the COVID pandemic has been difficult for all of us, and I really wish CU make through it well. To whom considering purchasing a pair of CU, I'm hopeful that you won't need to go through what I went through. If you do unfortunately receive an unsatisfactory pair, I'm sure Daniel will take care of it well.

Dear Peking_Gent,

I am extremely glad to read that both pairs you got are finally aligned to your level of expectations.

I am also extremely thankful for giving us the opportunity (and time) to solve the situation. We have learnt a lot with your case. It was a pleasure to work on it with you.

All the Cobbler Union team was aware and tried to do our best.
We are small team but passionate about what we do. We try work closely with our clients when things do not go as expected.

Our products are made by real people with machines (and always will be), the "human factor" will also always be part of it. However there is always room for improvement.

As agreed I am sharing below the reasons provided to you privately for each of the issues you encountered.

Again thanks a lot and I hope to see you back soon!
Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I received the pair on September 10th, and the right boot came with a scuff on the heel. Ugh, that's unfortunate, I thought. I shipped them back for replacement (...) This was on September 11th.
A picture of the scuff. It would be fine if it's on a pair of factory seconds, but not on a pair of firsts."

You were right, we agreed and we exchanged the pair. In fact, the pair you returned went to our factory seconds inventory.

Just for your info, we have 3 quality controls "pair-by-pair" at the end of production :

- In Spain, at the factory by one of the CU artisans.
- In Spain, at the factory by one of the CU operations team members.
- In US or Spain, before shipping by one of the CU operations team members.

Our products are handmade and the quality controls are done by humans. So, there were 3 human mistakes in a row. Probably, all of them saw this flaw and thought that was not enough to consider the pair a factory seconds, but we were wrong. We are continuously improving the process based on cases like yours, but it is still very manual and subjective. Our aim is making the control less manual and more objective. We are working hard on this.

"The pair of "Guillaume" was shipped directly from Spain and received on September 21st. To my surprise, when I opened the box, pulled the boots out of the bags, a pair of beautiful jumper boots in Utah leather appeared in front of me. And, yeah, it came in a totally wrong size as well. That's unfortunate, I thought"

Again, you are right. That was very unfortunate. Swapping pairs has happened to us twice in the last 12 months. You got somebody else's pair and somebody else got yours. Thats why the size was wrong as well.

E-commerce Shipments and Fulfillments uses lots of technology but it is also a manual operation done by a human. This was another human mistake.

Based on your case, we implemented a quick improvement to minimize the risk of this happening again.

When this happened, we reacted immediately and tried to ship the right pair to you, but unfortunately it was the last one we had in Stock and we had to wait until the other customer shipped it back to us in order to sort the issue out.

"Then it came to October 2nd, the day I received my pair of Guillaume in the right leather, the right last, and the right size (...) Just as I was attempting to put on the right boot, I heard a little thread tearing, and then, the pull loop snapped right off. I was astonished and speechless. They'll be going to Atlanta tomorrow, and my Chelsea replacement will be delivered, too."

Once again I agree, I would be astonished as well. This issue happens rarely and it is being difficult for us to detect when doing quality control as the straps need to be pulled in the same way we do when we try on the boots. There are many factors to be considered.

In these cases, we always offer immediate replacement regardless the time the boot has been used.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Question.

Is the sale good for things in the store, too?

Yes it is and we are open for appointment only.

While the shopping experience may feel a little different, we're determined to make the "new normal" experience just as enjoyable as before. As we reopen our Ponce City Market showroom in a limited capacity, we are now offering one-on-one appointments for your comfort allowing you to shop privately. We've implemented additional precautions to ensure the safety of our guests and employees.

Schedule a session at our Ponce City Market location. We look forward to seeing you and assisting you in person once again!

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 10.01.41.png

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can I ask another weird question?

You're in Spain (sorry if I just doxxed you). Why are the stores in Atlanta?

Daniel__G

Reaction score
BLACK FRIDAY IS ALL MONTH LONG.

Shop several historical best-sellers, a few last pairs, and more!

All in perfect condition with models starting as low as $168. Plus, save up to 30% on cut-to-fit belts and select accessories!

A FEW STYLES TO GET STARTED...

CHUKKA | BROWN SUEDE | SOHO

WINCHESTER | BLACK GRAIN | SOHO

ROBERT | COGNAC CALF | 371

Last edited:

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Can I ask another weird question?

You're in Spain (sorry if I just doxxed you). Why are the stores in Atlanta?

Good question indeed!

Our US Headquarters are in Atlanta. Our European Headquarters are in Madrid, Spain.
The reason is 90% of our customers are in US and 100% of our production is in Europe.
Our CEO (& Co-Founder) and Sales team are based in Atlanta. Sales team lead the opening of our flagship store.
I hope this answered to your question ?

IMG_9855.JPG

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for my new shoes... so far I'm impressed. Think I might just have to swing back by the store and pick up a second pair of CU kicks.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Book Your Black Friday Appointment

This Black Friday is looking a little different this year. While we are still adjusting to a "new normal", our Ponce City Market location will be open by appointment only this Black Friday 2020 weekend.

Schedule your private one-on-one appointment today.
We look forward to assisting you!

Thanksgiving Week Hours of Operation (By Appointment Only)
Monday - Thursday: 10:00AM - 6:00PM

Black Friday - Saturday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Sunday: CLOSED

Daniel__G

Reaction score
WE THANK YOU.
And wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Shop our best sale ever!

In a year like no other, we thank and celebrate everyone who has helped us keep our wheels turning and our dreams alive.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, and we hope you enjoy shopping our traditional Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales!

Enjoy 20% off full price items site wide.
Cyber Monday sale ends November 30, 2020 at midnight CET!

Use code "CYBER2020" at checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics