• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi guys. Someone is selling this blazer I want

I have sent lots of messages to him but I didn’t receive a reply. If someone is in touch with this member please tell him to check his dms please!
Guy hasn’t logged in on here for over a month so sending lots of messages probably doesn’t do anything if he isn’t logging in to see them.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
IMG_5449.jpeg

tonicab

Reaction score
Cavour answer about hanger:

"Hello,

Unfortunately during the final sale our warehouse does not send hangers, I apologize for this. Hope you have a nice day.

--
Best regards
Alex
CAVOUR MAN AS"

A brand hanger is not only for the item you sell (the price or discount should not matter) but show the brand when the garment is hanging.

I have several hangers at home, but I like hang my jackets with the brand jacket hanger.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, buy the garment at any time pre-final sale :eek:

I find it a bit odd, given that (I assume) savings can't be THAT notable in withholding hangers, but I also don't find it overly unreasonable/problematic.

All my nice "brand" hangers wind up being used to hang damp laundered shirts

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's the shipping cost. If you include the hanger, the shipping cost is significantly higher due to size of your box needed and is completely unfeasible during final sale. Fwiw I've bought my own set of nice wooden hangers in bulk and so not particularly upset when I don't receive one on final sale.

tonicab

Reaction score
I sell jacket in ebay, Vinted, ... and if the jacket has hanger I send the hanger with the jacket. Shipping cost are the same (a hanger is not heavy).
Nevertheless I love my two Carvour Jacket. Good quality and very good fit for me (in any models, because all mod 2 have not the same measurement).
Too bad Herringbone mod2 jacket available is green, not grey.

tonicab

Reaction score
What do you think about this jacket?
Maybe green is hard to combinate?

MaE

Reaction score
What do you think about this jacket?
Maybe green is hard to combinate?

The jacket itself is pretty nice... The only problem that I see is that the jacket will come with no hanger, I repeat : with no hanger ;)

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland just wondering who makes the hopsack for your summer hopsack jacket? Looking to finally expand my Cavour jacket collection. Thanks!
It is a custom fabric that we developed ourselves.
Somewhere in between VBC/Drapers Montecarlo and Hardy minis Mockckleno, in terms of look and feel.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you! Don't know about Montecarlo. Can you say more about what the custom fabric is like?

If you are familiar with The Minnis MockLeno, it is similar in terms of touch and feel, but woven with smaller knots.

It is, in my humble opinion, the ideal summer blazer.
Enough texture to wear casually, yet fine enough to wear in a more formal way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads