• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

zurich64

Reaction score
Cavour answer about hanger:

"Hello,

Unfortunately during the final sale our warehouse does not send hangers, I apologize for this. Hope you have a nice day.

--
Best regards
Alex
CAVOUR MAN AS"

A brand hanger is not only for the item you sell (the price or discount should not matter) but show the brand when the garment is hanging.

I have several hangers at home, but I like hang my jackets with the brand jacket hanger.
I would prefer not to receive any of these plastic hangers; these are easily damaged. Packing will be smaller without these. I discard most of these, but it is a pain to take them to the recycling place. The hangers from stores I keep are the ones that came with Suit supply Jort / La-Spalla items, thick solid wood, and the red ones look nice. A few plastic ones are enough to use for travel to keep the packing light.

Attachments

• 20240321_121156.jpg
    20240321_121156.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 442

St1X

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland when I try to watch on a sold out item it tells me I exceeded the notifications limit. I don't see where I can unsubscribe from the old subscriptions, though

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland when I try to watch on a sold out item it tells me I exceeded the notifications limit. I don't see where I can unsubscribe from the old subscriptions, though

A whole bunch of things being updated on our site these days. Probably just a bug, should be sorted out shortly. I will notify the guys with the thick glasses.👍🏼

oppidum

Reaction score
Hi everybody ! I need some advice for a very specific request. I have a Cavour Mod2 jacket with a brown herringbone fabric from Marling & Evans (Farnley 17435/F8 ) and I would like to have pants with the same fabric.
img-0012.jpg
However, I contacted the mill and they told me that they did not have any in stock and only produce it for orders over 60 meters. The Italian manufacturer who made the jacket at the time also no longer has any.

Does anyone have any suggestions for finding this fabric reference for sale ?
I also looked for a similar cloth at other mills but without success.

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody ! I need some advice for a very specific request. I have a Cavour Mod2 jacket with a brown herringbone fabric from Marling & Evans (Farnley 17435/F8 ) and I would like to have pants with the same fabric.
View attachment 2156075 However, I contacted the mill and they told me that they did not have any in stock and only produce it for orders over 60 meters. The Italian manufacturer who made the jacket at the time also no longer has any.

You do know that even if you found it, it wouldn’t be an exact match, right?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 2156075 However, I contacted the mill and they told me that they did not have any in stock and only produce it for orders over 60 meters. The Italian manufacturer who made the jacket at the time also no longer has any.

I would avoid trying to match such a fabric with a few years between batches.

Better to just find a fabric suitable for a suit and order it at tve same time.
Fabrics like this one are available from quite a few cut length bunches.

St1X

Reaction score

Also, it might be just a jacket ING fabric, not suitable for trousers

Camerashy

Reaction score

Take a look at Walker Slater a bit lighter than your jacket I think but they may be worth speaking to

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads