• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

St1X

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this, too, as a number of Cavour consumers in this thread have noted the slimmer shoulders as compared to other brands in the same size. I'm looking to dip my toe in the Cavour sportcoat/suiting world, yet the slim shoulders give me some pause.
I think their shoulders match all other Italian style tailoring brands I know - Pini Parma, Suitsupply, Berg &Berg, etc

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've been wondering about this, too, as a number of Cavour consumers in this thread have noted the slimmer shoulders as compared to other brands in the same size. I'm looking to dip my toe in the Cavour sportcoat/suiting world, yet the slim shoulders give me some pause.
What brands do you usually buy?

Perhaps I can aid your toe dipping. :)

djdanniedee

Reaction score
From my own experience, I feel the sentiment of Mod2 shoulders being much slimmer and previously the Mod1 length being much shorter have been exaggerated.

Visually comparing the Mod2 to say, AMJ03 or Anglo-Italian, it's definitely not extended like those are, but in terms of fit, i don't notice that much of a difference in the same size

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The difference in shoulder width vs say S&M is negligible, also keep in mind that unpadded shoulders are quite forgiving. I have posted some S&M vs Cavour fit pics a few pages back which may help reassure.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland loving the updated lapel on this past seasons DB compared to the f/w version of the DB. Found the previous version to have a bit too much belly but the current one is :slayer:.

I was surprised by the fit of the 50. Other than the sleeves being longer, it generally fit pretty well and didn't feel oversized or anything compared to my normal 48!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland loving the updated lapel on this past seasons DB compared to the f/w version of the DB. Found the previous version to have a bit too much belly but the current one is :slayer:.

I was surprised by the fit of the 50. Other than the sleeves being longer, it generally fit pretty well and didn't feel oversized or anything compared to my normal 48!

I did tweak the front a little. Glad you like it!

jsong812

Reaction score
FWIW, im a 38L contemporary in spier and the 48 in cavour has fitted me near perfectly except a little narrow in the shoulders and the armholes. I decided to try a 50 and it fits so much better - just need to take in the waist and sleeves whereas with the 48, I had to widen the armholes and let out the back. For reference, I’m 6 ft, 170lb, musucular build. Hope that helps.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, im a 38L contemporary in spier and the 48 in cavour has fitted me near perfectly except a little narrow in the shoulders and the armholes. I decided to try a 50 and it fits so much better - just need to take in the waist and sleeves whereas with the 48, I had to widen the armholes and let out the back. For reference, I’m 6 ft, 170lb, musucular build. Hope that helps.
This helps tremendously. Same size in SM. Same height, weight, build.

Rolf

Reaction score
Speaking of size 50. Contemplating selling a few Cavour jackets in size 50 as I’ve gotten fat. Dm me if interested.

mod 2 tweed shepherds check brown from fw20
Mod 2 summer houndstooth in beige ss21
Mod 2 wool and cashmere herringbone green fw21
Mod 2 British twill jacket navy fw22

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
107547_100000_ 28.JPG

Cavour evening jackets in-bound..

Sockett&Bones

Reaction score
How slender are you, out of curiosity? I'm hardly a massive human being, but I'm barely squeezing into the shoulders of their 56.

Ideal measurements for a coat for me:

Shoulders 18.5"
BOC Length 28.5-29"

Once I start sizing up for shoulders for most brands, the length starts to hit 29.5 and beyond - so I need short length sizes, yet Cavour, Armoury, Natalino etc. all carry just standard lengths (which honestly is kinda crazy to me, since I started with basic JCrew, Brooks, etc. which all carry short and long lengths)

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of size 50. Contemplating selling a few Cavour jackets in size 50 as I’ve gotten fat. Dm me if interested.

mod 2 tweed shepherds check brown from fw20
Mod 2 summer houndstooth in beige ss21
Mod 2 wool and cashmere herringbone green fw21
Mod 2 British twill jacket navy fw22
Any pictures of the beige? Thanks!

classicoutfits

Reaction score

How was the length of jacket and sleeves? I am 6,2 and wear 38L spier, in cavour chart I feel the sleeves going to be very short

jsong812

Reaction score
How was the length of jacket and sleeves? I am 6,2 and wear 38L spier, in cavour chart I feel the sleeves going to be very short
The 48 was a tad short for my liking but still passable. The 50 hits me perfectly at the rear. I found the sleeves to be shorter than spier’s 38L but they aren’t surgeon cuffs so shouldnt be an issue to lenghten.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads