• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As for the 100 Hands cloth, I have no idea to be honest. Because they rarely disclose the mill unless it is Loro Piana or Alumo.

If it looks and feels nice, I just buy it.
And dont care too much where the cloth is from, because it makes very little difference.
Usually from usual suspects like Albini Group, Söktas, Monti, Miletta, Grandi & Rubinelli, Alumo or LP (mostly jersey fabrics)

It is 100% cotton, roughly 140/150g
Gotcha.

I should have expressed myself better - I wanted to know if you have any impressions on hand feel, heaviness, and differences vs any previous white OCBD models. For example, last season's was very much a lighter, smarter looking Royal Oxford cloth (which I also really like and wear a lot) whereas the one before was a proper robust oxford cloth, very similar to the one SC does with Luca Avitabile.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gotcha.

I should have expressed myself better - I wanted to know if you have any impressions on hand feel, heaviness, and differences vs any previous white OCBD models. For example, last season's was very much a lighter, smarter looking Royal Oxford cloth (which I also really like and wear a lot) whereas the one before was a proper robust oxford cloth, very similar to the one SC does with Luca Avitabile.

More akin to the latter then. Substantial, but not winter heavy.

Speaking of SC,
We used a Permanent Style fabric for a chambray shirt with button down collar and placket this season. Should also be available soon.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More akin to the latter then. Substantial, but not winter heavy.

Speaking of SC,
We used a Permanent Style fabric for a chambray shirt with button down collar and placket this season. Should also be available soon.
The PS chambray is excellent, I own a 100 Hands-made button-down in it, very good casual option.

Henry S

Reaction score
Speaking of SC,
yell-shout.gif

Edit: Will it happen before the sale ends? Might as well save on courier fees.

Last edited:

Aly.B

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m very interested in purchasing a couple of suits from Cavour for some upcoming wedding events. Going through the previous messages in this thread, seems like their suit trousers fit too tight/skinny. Is that still true? I have athletic legs and I encounter this problem with the trousers being too tight with brands like SuitSupply, hence can’t wear their RTW suits. I wear US 42 in RLPL, Giorgio Armani, and Ermenegildo Zegna. Based off of that, should I stick to my regular size or size up? As for the trousers, does Cavour offer trouser swap? Any advice/suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Henry S

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m very interested in purchasing a couple of suits from Cavour for some upcoming wedding events. Going through the previous messages in this thread, seems like their suit trousers fit too tight/skinny. Is that still true?

New trouser model will be introduced this spring, end feb / early march.
Three shades of safe and sound grey fresco in the first go around, and more to follow for FW23.

A selection of jackets in long sizes will be introduced for FW23.

BananaKing

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m very interested in purchasing a couple of suits from Cavour for some upcoming wedding events. Going through the previous messages in this thread, seems like their suit trousers fit too tight/skinny. Is that still true? I have athletic legs and I encounter this problem with the trousers being too tight with brands like SuitSupply, hence can’t wear their RTW suits. I wear US 42 in RLPL, Giorgio Armani, and Ermenegildo Zegna. Based off of that, should I stick to my regular size or size up? As for the trousers, does Cavour offer trouser swap? Any advice/suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
My Mod 2 chinos were definitely thigh and calf hugging. I’m fairly sure the suit pants are cut in the Mod 2. I have a narrow waist and large calves and moderate butt/thighs.

They fortunately had a lot of spare material to let them out a couple of cm but I think I didn’t let them out enough and they still cling to my calves a little. If I let them out to the full extent of the material it would probably be enough. But then it can affect the balance of the trouser - ends up being a lot of alteration work especially if you don’t have someone reliable to do the work locally.

Aly.B

Reaction score
My Mod 2 chinos were definitely thigh and calf hugging. I’m fairly sure the suit pants are cut in the Mod 2. I have a narrow waist and large calves and moderate butt/thighs.

They fortunately had a lot of spare material to let them out a couple of cm but I think I didn’t let them out enough and they still cling to my calves a little. If I let them out to the full extent of the material it would probably be enough. But then it can affect the balance of the trouser - ends up being a lot of alteration work especially if you don’t have someone reliable to do the work locally.
I don’t really have a local tailor per se but I could take it to my nearest Nordstrom. You think this is something the Nordstrom alterations will be able to handle or would they mess it up? Also, if you don’t mind me asking, how much did the alteration cost you? Thank you.

BananaKing

Reaction score
Ah probably not relevant as I’m in a smaller city in Australia. Cost me half of the price of the chinos to get them altered. I bought the chinos half price though.

I’m sure most competent places can let the leg out no worries. It’s just a much bigger job than a hem thus the cost.

C_kimlin920

Reaction score
Hi all,

The jackets are amazing and have a wonderful fit, but the trousers like most people mentioned is really slim. Almost Suitsupply style. If you have muscular calves or legs, I wouldn’t recommend it.

Aly.B

Reaction score
The jackets are amazing and have a wonderful fit, but the trousers like most people mentioned is really slim. Almost Suitsupply style. If you have muscular calves or legs, I wouldn’t recommend it.
Bummer! Their suits look good. Hope they fix the fitting/sizing on their trousers.

C_kimlin920

Reaction score
Here you go. Not my photos but its already been discussed on this thread and I can also agree after trying on the suit, it was too slim.

1676294097945.png

Can I please request pictures along with comments on fit.

Advice on fit is pretty useless without any reference other than a written personal opinion. :)

This one is altered with the maximum allowance even sized up which customers do not have the option to do with a Suit since it comes as a set.
1676294180482.png

Can I please request pictures along with comments on fit.

Advice on fit is pretty useless without any reference other than a written personal opinion. :)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evelynsolace05