• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland, first of all. Love your product! So much I’ve likely spent too much on it this season lol

Just out of curiosity, why do the blazers have fabric labels (eg Loro Piana, Drago etc) sewn into the inner left chest, but not the suits? Is it to achieve a cleaner look?

Thanks, I am very glad you like our stuff!

On all mod 1 the fabric label is on the inside. On mod 2 the fabric label is on tha left sleeve, to be removed. And on the VBC suits, they did not provide labels, only Fox, H&S and LP did.

Personally, I prefer the clean look of only the Cavour label inside the jacket.

We are currently in conversation to develop our own exclusive fabrics with a few mills in the UK, in order to provide a more exclusive product.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I am very glad you like our stuff!

On all mod 1 the fabric label is on the inside. On mod 2 the fabric label is on tha left sleeve, to be removed. And on the VBC suits, they did not provide labels, only Fox, H&S and LP did.

Personally, I prefer the clean look of only the Cavour label inside the jacket.

We are currently in conversation to develop our own exclusive fabrics with a few mills in the UK, in order to provide a more exclusive product.

Exclusive fabrics? That’s great news, @kevinsvindland!

Looking forward to that!

In the meantime, I have the Mod 1 Summertime Herringbone jacket, he Mod 2 LP Silk Air Check jacket, and the navy Mod 2 Fox Flannel Chalk Stripe suit coming my way, which will keep me occupied for a while yet!

Artserg

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Hi Kevin! I am considering sizing down on your Mod 2 Sportivo jacket, from 48 I usually take to 46. Will this work for me, given that, as I see from size chart, chest and waist measurements for Mod 2 Sportivo jacket 46 are almost the same as for your Mod 2 Loro Piana coats 48? Also is it possible to see shoulder measurements for Mod 2 jacket 46? And what size and body parameters of model in photos? Thank you!

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Prices in GBP are ~40% higher than in NOK for a pair of boots I'm looking at. It says it's Delivered Duty Paid - I assumed there'd be no duties; is this a post-Brexit thing?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Hi Kevin! I am considering sizing down on your Mod 2 Sportivo jacket, from 48 I usually take to 46. Will this work for me, given that, as I see from size chart, chest and waist measurements for Mod 2 Sportivo jacket 46 are almost the same as for your Mod 2 Loro Piana coats 48? Also is it possible to see shoulder measurements for Mod 2 jacket 46? And what size and body parameters of model in photos? Thank you!

For the sportivo coat I would go with your usual italian jacket size. The LP coats also fits true to size. So I guess it depends on what your benchmark is.

Skjermbilde 2021-01-06 kl. 10.21.04.png

Håkon wears a size 50 in jackets and trousers, and is about 185 cm tall, weighs about 75kg.
Shirt size is 39
His trouser inseam is 82 cm.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Prices in GBP are ~40% higher than in NOK for a pair of boots I'm looking at. It says it's Delivered Duty Paid - I assumed there'd be no duties; is this a post-Brexit thing?

If it is an older item it may simply be due to currency fluctuations between now and the time of delivery when the price was set.

Which item are you looking at?

Edit: And yes, DDP means no duties.

Last edited:

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to be the only one posting pictures again, but wanted to rave about the quality of Cavour products again.

I ordered the wool-cashmere green herringbone tweed sportscoat and fabric was surprisingly soft. The copy doesn't mention the mill but turned out to be Kynoch, a well known mill. Another thing I want to point out about the Mod2 that you won't notice until the handle the product in real life is the buttons. Loose strings on buttons annoy me and the Cavour Mod2 buttons are very well done.

Oh and the worsted baby cashmere is simply wonderful, a steal at the sale prices. I definitely agree with the comparison to Brunello Cuchinelli.

PXL_20210106_234127204.jpg PXL_20210106_235217994.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20210106_232037728.jpg

tiedtyper

Reaction score
Hi all (especially Kevin!),

I am looking at the Cavour chukka boots and wondering about their sizing. I'm a reasonably narrow 9 UK with a high arch, but there are none left in my size. How do the boots fit? Do you think a pair in 8.5 UK would work?

Many thanks, Ben

ErikJN

Reaction score
Hi all (especially Kevin!),

I am looking at the Cavour chukka boots and wondering about their sizing. I'm a reasonably narrow 9 UK with a high arch, but there are none left in my size. How do the boots fit? Do you think a pair in 8.5 UK would work?

Many thanks, Ben

I'm a 9UK as well, I actually found 8,5 to be a better fit for the chukka.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Kevin, how does the Mod 2 Sportivo down jacket fit? I missed out on the blue cashmere and am considering another colour. I usually wear a 44L. I'm amount 6'1 and 225 pounds. Thanks.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Can you give some feedback about the hopsack fabric? True hopsack? Any closeup shots?

Really happy w/my first Mod 2 purchase, the LP Wool Herringbone Tweed. Was worried it would be too smooth because it's LP but it has enough texture to satisfy me, and sufficient warmth for my climate to use as a FW piece. Hoping to buy more Cavour jackets soon. @kevinsvindland are trouser subs on suits acceptable? I'm roughly a drop 10, 42R in Mod 2 but a mid-rise 32 waist pant suits me best. Not sure what that translates to in Mod 2 trousers as I haven't tried any yet.
Did you get the navy herringbone tweed one? Any chance you could post some pictures? Am really tempted by it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads