• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Sockett&Bones

Reaction score
Any plans for including fabric info on the product page? Not necessarily the mill, but perhaps the content (wool, wool/linen mix, etc), weave (twill vs plain), weight gsm/oz ?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any plans for including fabric info on the product page? Not necessarily the mill, but perhaps the content (wool, wool/linen mix, etc), weave (twill vs plain), weight gsm/oz ?
Mill is must and yeah their product descriptions are kind of lacking, would be good to have the specifics in the name of transparency... would make my purchase decisions much easier.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mill is must and yeah their product descriptions are kind of lacking, would be good to have the specifics in the name of transparency... would make my purchase decisions much easier.

Work in progress. Bear with me!
Hopefully I'll manage to write on all products missing descriptions during Monday and Tuesday this coming week.
(Looking forward to the day when we have a team to handle all this stuff...)

Whats online now (Overcoats, Jackets, Voyager Jackets) is from Loro Piana, as every other mill decided to not deliver in time.
But the remaining stuff should not be too far away now. Quite a few Marling&Evans fabrics, Plenty of VBC stuff, Some Lovat and some really really nice Wes Andersony Cord from Pontoglio.
(So good actually, that any other brand doing cord suits this season can go **** in their hats..)

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least the Cavour brand is more traditional / conservative cut than SM with that same old world full canvas old world feel as well.
There must be misunderstanding from different parties. I did not state that they were similar as a knock on Cavour. Simply wanted to point out that the fabric selections were similar. Carry on now.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There must be misunderstanding from different parties. I did not state that they were similar as a knock on Cavour. Simply wanted to point out that the fabric selections were similar. Carry on now.

Oh then even within the same mill there are so many opposite variations. And there less than 10 mills being used by rtw a lot.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Now our new items all have more detailed descriptions, let the purchasing commence! ?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland the Cavour fall collection is already looking great. For the field jacket, if i want to wear it over a size 50 sportscoat, do I take the same size for the field jacket?

Glad you like it! And hope you'll like our second drop too.

I would suggest one size up for a relaxed and natural look.
(50 over 50 will work, but you will risk looking a little like a young dutch stock broker..)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads