• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cavour - Cesare Attolini, Ring Jacket, Rota, Saint Crispin's, Edward Green - Official Affiliate

masernaut

Reaction score
How is the thigh room on Cavour suit pants? As a guy with a big butt and big thighs, I don't want to split them on the first wear.

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
Conistons from the sale. I was looking for a pair of boots to wear in rain (pretty regular during winter here in Atlanta), and was ready to pull the trigger on a pair of SoH Byron boots when I came across the Cavour sale. Decided to buy two pairs, one solely for wet weather wear.

DSC_0804.JPG

Last edited:

masernaut

Reaction score
Conistons from the sale. I was looking for a pair of boots to wear in rain (pretty regular during winter here in Atlanta), and was ready to pull the trigger on a pair of SoH Byron boots when I came across the Cavour sale. Decided to buy two pairs, one for solely for wet weather wear.

View attachment 1343937
Very lucky! I didn't even see these.

mux8

Reaction score
Are the boots goodyear welted, full grain? Unfortunately the website is very scare on details regarding Cavour's house line of shoes.

mux8

Reaction score
Can anyone provide insight regarding their shoe sizing relative to Meermin?

pickergc

Reaction score
Can anyone provide insight regarding their shoe sizing relative to Meermin?
I can only offer my anecdotal experience - I wear UK9.5 in Meermin and I ordered the same in the Cavour Suede Captoe Oxford. It was at least a half size too large for my foot.

Proleet

Reaction score
I can only offer my anecdotal experience - I wear UK9.5 in Meermin and I ordered the same in the Cavour Suede Captoe Oxford. It was at least a half size too large for my foot.
well Meermin isn’t true to size :s

earlier in this thread it was advised sizing to be similar to Carmina and others

pickergc

Reaction score
well Meermin isn’t true to size :s

earlier in this thread it was advised sizing to be similar to Carmina and others
but OP asked what Cavour sizing was compared to Meermin....not Carmina

Last edited:

archipel

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the suits? Is it slim fit? Suitsupply Havana (Their slim fit suit) in 48 fits me well, would that mean that Cavour suits fits well too? They use different measurements so I can't compare. I don't have my own suit atm to measure.

I'm 185cm, would that make the jacket with a back length of 73cm too short?

bsarosi

Reaction score
I ordered my usual size UK 8.5 (same as Carmina, CJ, SoH) and found them too loose in the instep so I would confirm that they run about a half size large. I’ve listed my pair in the B&S forum.

gbandi

Reaction score
Got the conistons and Cavour field boots. Both better than the CS I have.

The Conistons were expected to be great, will keep them, got under $250!!

the Cavour field boots were better than expected. The leather is thick but soft,. Fit TTS. Nice shape to the boots. Can be easily dressed up and down. unfortunately very similar to my CS and will be returning.

The Cavour tassel was amazing as well. Fit tts. Nice polo color, fit tts

Cavour seems to be similar to carmina/CJ in sizing, meermins are always a tad tighter if you go tts.

I believe Cavour, SOH and lof and tung are all made in the same factory. They are very similarly priced and hard to beat any on sale..

Attachments

mux8

Reaction score
Received 5-pocket trousers today, lovely fabric...but simply too tight around the thigh when sitting and a bit too tight around the seat. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much if any seam allowance to let them out.

mattg1027

Reaction score
Having a bit of an odd experience with a pair of the Diemme Roccia Vet Original (Brown Leather) boots I picked up from the sale. It seems like I received two different size boots. I'm a UK9.5 and went with the 44 based on sizing advice I'd seen elsewhere. The left boot fits fine, but the right boot fits too snug, and feels like the arch in the sole is closer to the heel. Strange because my right foot is actually slightly smaller than the left, so it's backwards of what I'd expect. Shame cause they're gorgeous boots. Any chance there's a mismatched 44 Right boot out there??

I sent an email to support as well. @kevinsvindland

Colrais

Reaction score
Received 5-pocket trousers today, lovely fabric...but simply too tight around the thigh when sitting and a bit too tight around the seat. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much if any seam allowance to let them out.
My experience as well. Was hoping measurements would pan out but they're unfortunately too tight around the seat, thighs, knees, calves for a consistent lifter.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.