• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gbandi

Reaction score
Wondering if there is a list of online carmina vendors? Hate to pay full price and seeing if there are sales going on..
I have explored the following
Hackett
Gentleman footwear
Brogue shop
Carmina outlet
Baltzar
Stockton
Unipair
Am I missing anyone?

gbandi

Reaction score
Wondering if there is a list of online carmina vendors? Hate to pay full price and seeing if there are sales going on..
Hackett
Gentleman footwear
Brogue shop
Carmina outlet
Baltzar
Stockton
Unipair
Am I missing anyone?

Phoenician

Reaction score
Advice on Llubi last please; Seems to be wider in both mid-foot and toes area than Forest, by the looks of it, the best thing I can compare it to would be Alden's Barrie last as it looks fairly chunky. Does this sound about right? Seems like it could be a good last for certain boot designs.

Ventanaman

Reaction score
Anyone with experience in having Carmina make adjustments to existing lasts?

I have now purchased 4 pairs of Carmina shoes through their MTO program in various sizes and lasts and was wondering:

Do any of you have experience in getting Carmina to make specific size adjustments? I am finding out my ideal size is probably UK7.75 EEE.

For example, if I need extra room in the instep and across the ball of the foot, is this possible?

Thanks for any help in advance.

gobius

Reaction score
Hackett
Gentleman footwear
Brogue shop
Carmina outlet
Baltzar
Stockton
Unipair
Am I missing anyone?
pediwear

miamidoc

Reaction score
Advice on Llubi last please; Seems to be wider in both mid-foot and toes area than Forest, by the looks of it, the best thing I can compare it to would be Alden's Barrie last as it looks fairly chunky. Does this sound about right? Seems like it could be a good last for certain boot designs.
I am a perfect Forest 11UK. I found a nice and cheap pair of suede oxfords in 10.5UK Llubi. I thought the same about the wider/toe area thinking I could get into it. Fit was very similar to forest but I shouldn’t have gone down the 1/2 size.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think looks great for boots. It's definitely wider than Rain but shorter. I do feel that the instep is a bit lower, which fits me better.

Phoenician

Reaction score
I am a perfect Forest 11UK. I found a nice and cheap pair of suede oxfords in 10.5UK Llubi. I thought the same about the wider/toe area thinking I could get into it. Fit was very similar to forest but I shouldn’t have gone down the 1/2 size.

Good to know, appreciate the feedback and warning, as that was my thought as well about whether to size down half. Looks like we're the same size, so you have an easy way to divest any shell boots you're not wearing anymore. ;)

Phoenician

Reaction score
I think looks great for boots. It's definitely wider than Rain but shorter. I do feel that the instep is a bit lower, which fits me better.

Thanks for the feedback; nice to hear about the lower instep, as that should suit me well too. What leather is that on those boots, they're really handsome in that makeup!

miamidoc

Reaction score
Good to know, appreciate the feedback and warning, as that was my thought as well about whether to size down half. Looks like we're the same size, so you have an easy way to divest any shell boots you're not wearing anymore. ;)
Absolutely I will keep you in mind. I am planning a boot/shoe sale to finance some new stuff in a month or so. Only shell boot I have is a Color 8 jumper at present. But I may or may not have been approved for Green marble. Still waiting to hear if it’s chelsea only or not.

Today’s pair, though. Chestnut calf. My own burnishing.
CDED4176-512A-4A74-BB36-3658E0FE7E18.jpeg

Phoenician

Reaction score
Anyone ever MTO a boot using two different shades of shell? I'm thinking of doing a 7 eyelet NST with the vamp and counter in armagnac shell, while the shaft of the boot would be in bourbon. I've seen plenty of vamps in shell with a contrast color suede or tumbled shaft that looks great, just don't recall seeing two-tone shell and wondered how it'd look.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Absolutely I will keep you in mind. I am planning a boot/shoe sale to finance some new stuff in a month or so. Only shell boot I have is a Color 8 jumper at present. But I may or may not have been approved for Green marble. Still waiting to hear if it’s chelsea only or not.

Today’s pair, though. Chestnut calf. My own burnishing. View attachment 1451281

Like all of us, I know you've been busy and probably missed the fine print on the MTO. That green marble is only approved for this model below, but I'll let them know tomorrow that you're fine with it so they can start to make it. The good news is that it comes on a bright green rubber moon-boot sole, so there is that. We'll look forward to seeing you in it!

crazy.JPG

miamidoc

Reaction score
Like all of us, I know you've been busy and probably missed the fine print on the MTO. That green marble is only approved for this model below, but I'll let them know tomorrow that you're fine with it so they can start to make it. The good news is that it comes on a bright green rubber moon-boot sole, so there is that. We'll look forward to seeing you in it!

View attachment 1451282
Haha. Yes. Perfectly coordinated with green marble. I’m cool with chelsea. I already submitted the order to reserve it so we shall see. Oscar last, chestnut storm welt, JR with tips.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads