• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dorian Green's Curated Pictures of Nice Clothes

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will say that it's a little weird to read comments about oneself. I'm honestly surprised, and even somewhat amused, seeing how divisive my innocuous posts can be. As the great majority of members here, I just want to talk about style applied to menswear and offer my point of view in the discussion, be in words, be in pictures.
I don't believe that a "crusade" is going on against me, however it's undeniable that some members here never miss to show their hostility, from the very beginning, but it's notorious that forums are a favourite playground for haters. Some of them may know a couple of things about tailoring and style, and they also have garments I genuinely admire, but their arrogant attitude precludes any possibility for a dialogue.
Others are more concerned to define the rules than enjoying the playing, to state accurately what belongs and what does not in a certain thread, losing much of the pleasure.

As I already said, I'll go unperturbed my way. Wishing everybody a happy new year.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Gosh. I am loosing my time in posting here, and giving you way to attention. But someone has to say: why do you think you have so many « haters » on this forum?
Because you posted around 3600 times in a little more than one year ?
Because we ask ourselves where you find the time to post so many uninteresting comments?
Because of your pompous tone ?
Because you provide style advice like if you possessed the ultimate truth ?
Because wherever we go on this forum you have been posting like if you were marking your territory with urine like a cat ?
A bit of all that I suppose.
I don’t hate you, but you are just too annoying and pretentious.
You really should question yourself.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gosh. I am loosing my time in posting here, and giving you way to attention. But someone has to say: why do you think you have so many « haters » on this forum?
Because we ask ourselves where you find the time to post so many uninteresting comments?
Because wherever we go on this forum you have been posting like if you were marking your territory with urine like a cat ?

You're a petty, resentful, and weirdly obsessive dude Clouseau. You're making an ass out of yourself.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lord of the flies 2.jpg Lord of the flies 3.jpg Lord of the flies 1.jpg

partenopean

Reaction score

If I might interrupt, to clarify a most salient point --

It has been mentioned that cats mark their territory with urine.

This is not technically accurate.

There are two modes of urethral discharge in felines:-

- The first, spraying, deposits excretory urine as well as additional highly pheromonal and odoriferous chemicals. The chemicals are unique to each feline and serve as a territorial claim. As the name suggests, this mode of deposition involves a violent discharge or spray, and is accompanied by other hormonal changes in the feline affecting temperament, mood, and outlook at the moment of discharge.

- The second, inappropriate urination, is merely excretory in purpose, and can be controlled through persistent training.
spraying_vs_urinating_cat_behavior.jpg

I just wanted to clarify, in the event that further analysis in this thread continued the feline urination analogy started above.

Again, apologies for interrupting.
Pray, continue.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

- The first, spraying, deposits excretory urine as well as additional highly pheromonal and odoriferous chemicals. The chemicals are unique to each feline and serve as a territorial claim. As the name suggests, this mode of deposition involves a violent discharge or spray, and is accompanied by other hormonal changes in the feline affecting temperament, mood, and outlook at the moment of discharge.

- The second, inappropriate urination, is merely excretory in purpose, and can be controlled through persistent training.

I just wanted to clarify, in the event that further analysis in this thread continued the feline urination analogy started above.

Pray, continue.
I mixed up with dogs, thanks for your expertise.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pray, continue.

the feral orange tom that comes around sprays all over the backyard , from the kitchen table i can see his tail go all banana twitchy when he's marking his territory . good kitty !

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say that it's a little weird to read comments about oneself. I'm honestly surprised, and even somewhat amused, seeing how divisive my innocuous posts can be. As the great majority of members here, I just want to talk about style applied to menswear and offer my point of view in the discussion, be in words, be in pictures.
I don't believe that a "crusade" is going on against me, however it's undeniable that some members here never miss to show their hostility, from the very beginning, but it's notorious that forums are a favourite playground for haters. Some of them may know a couple of things about tailoring and style, and they also have garments I genuinely admire, but their arrogant attitude precludes any possibility for a dialogue.
Others are more concerned to define the rules than enjoying the playing, to state accurately what belongs and what does not in a certain thread, losing much of the pleasure.

As I already said, I'll go unperturbed my way. Wishing everybody a happy new year.
Can't you just write like a normal person man? This is way too high brow for me to understand.

partenopean

Reaction score
Can't you just write like a normal person man? This is way too high brow for me to understand.

OK -- so you are some sort of imbecile that can't read.

That makes you pitiable, yes, but must you really clutter this forum with your drivel?

Instead of wasting time here, there are many self-help sites you can go to instead, to help with adult illiteracy:

Now, I realize you can't read the links above, but just call the phone numbers in those sites and they will help you going forward.

Also, check out:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK -- so you are some sort of imbecile that can't read.

That makes you pitiable, yes, but must you really clutter this forum with your drivel?

Instead of wasting time here, there are many self-help sites you can go to instead, to help with adult illiteracy:

Now, I realize you can't read the links above, but just call the phone numbers in those sites and they will help you going forward.

Also, check out:

LOL, yes I'll clutter this forum with my sh1t poasting about Waffle House gl0ryholes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads