• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
idc about the rest of his content, he's the one who titled the video "Reviewing"

Right. What I meant was, that's how all his "reviews" go. The videos of him talking to us from his house are a waste of time, but occasionally unintentional comical; I think it reached the point of parody the time he showed himself shaving while wearing a tie and his New & Lingwood dressing gown, like some eccentric English duke. The ones where he talks to interesting people from the #menswear world are interesting, but he's a clunky conversation partner (seems to be improving though to be fair), and you'll still grit your teeth every time he interrupts and talks over the people we are trying to hear from.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right. What I meant was, that's how all his "reviews" go. The videos of him talking to us from his house are a waste of time, but occasionally unintentional comical; I think it reached the point of parody the time he showed himself shaving while wearing a tie and his New & Lingwood dressing gown, like some eccentric English duke. The ones where he talks to interesting people from the #menswear world are interesting, but he's a clunky conversation partner (seems to be improving though to be fair), and you'll still grit your teeth every time he interrupts and talks over the people we are trying to hear from.

This is such a good summary of his channel haha. Even in that context though this was over the top, his shell Galway video is much more of a standard review (which I think is still being a bit generous, I'd mostly call it "summary") while in this I think about 1/3 of the video was basically a Carmina MTO program ad and another 1/4 was just "this is a goodyearwelt".

tbf I haven't yet seen YouTube boot review content that I don't find inane.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
So why is it that some Ruby shell looks like a bright red that my wife would immediately make fun of if I bought them and other Ruby shell looks like an awesome reddish brown?

I’d love the more brown ruby, but how would I be certain it wouldn’t be bright red?

I don't know if this would help ... but I always specify in the 'special request' section like this:

"Please ensure that the Rubi shell is very 'Deep, Dark Red'. Reddish-brown would be fine, but not very brown".

I'm quite pleased with the results so far.

DSC_4381.jpg

DSC_6105.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg

DSCF4938.jpg

DSCF4987.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I don't know if this would help ... but I always specify in the 'special request' section like this:

"Please ensure that the Rubi shell is very 'Deep, Dark Red'. Reddish-brown would be fine, but not very brown".

I'm quite pleased with the results so far.

View attachment 1394207

View attachment 1394209

View attachment 1394210

View attachment 1394211

View attachment 1394212
Awesome set of pics again sir. My question with regards to burnishing cordovan, which is essentially how they are darkening the colour, how does that fare when you come to condition them?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
This is such a good summary of his channel haha. Even in that context though this was over the top, his shell Galway video is much more of a standard review (which I think is still being a bit generous, I'd mostly call it "summary") while in this I think about 1/3 of the video was basically a Carmina MTO program ad and another 1/4 was just "this is a goodyearwelt".

tbf I haven't yet seen YouTube boot review content that I don't find inane.
It really needed a little clicker at the bottom highlighting how many pairs were left and maybe a glamorous female assistant to hold them...

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You must be new to Kirby's YT channel.

I guess it kinda helps me though in that Kirby might actually be even more forgiving with Carmina than I am!....but last I checked I'm not getting any endorsement deals.

Every blogger wants to be next Hodinkee.. unfortunately, you are right !

As a nod to @George Red I decided to watch to the YT review of his boots, but stopped half way through. Carmina’s asslicking to the fullest .. I bet George himself can do a better review of those.

The bigger issue is that almost all bloggers who get free products to review end up appeasing the maker ... not doing that entirely has what set hodinkee and permanentstyle apart.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every blogger wants to be next Hodinkee.. unfortunately, you are right !

As a nod to @George Red I decided to watch to the YT review of his boots, but stopped half way through. Carmina’s asslicking to the fullest .. I bet George himself can do a better review of those.

The bigger issue is that almost all bloggers who get free products to review end up appeasing the maker ... not doing that entirely has what set hodinkee and permanentstyle apart.
Permanentstyle particularly good for impartial reviews.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Permanentstyle particularly good for impartial reviews.

I agree, but Simon really ******* annoys me. I don’t know what it is, either. He’s got such a punchable face. Maybe it’s his voice. He’s so monotone and dull, like he gigs part time whispering British bedtime stories to the ******* queen.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, but Simon really ******* annoys me. I don’t know what it is, either. He’s got such a punchable face. Maybe it’s his voice. He’s so monotone and dull, like he gigs part time whispering British bedtime stories to the ******* queen.

Real question is whether you ll like him as much as you like Kirby if he were to review your boots ?

PS: The makeup you got is phenomenal and it is Kirby’s reviewing that annoys me and not your boots ;)

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Simon is great what are you talking about

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
????

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads