• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I received my MTO this week following the October Carmina sale. These are in Vegano Navy with red lining, dark brown soles made on the Detroit last based on the 532 long wing brogue. They are a bit longer than expected (I have small feet, UK5) compared to the Oscar last I already have even if the drawings I saw tended to show the opposite. Here are the pictures, enjoy
Lovely shoes. It’s a shame carmina don’t do navy grain.

bennanza

Reaction score
football. streetwear. its getting pretty wild in here..
to get back on track here is a new Trenton & Heath video about carmina. I found it quite informative, even if the means are drastic
link

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fourth MTO pair arrived and I am OVER THE MOON. I’m calling this the Carmina U-Tip boot. All my black shoes/boots, even the loafers I own, are a bit formal. I wanted something that’s classy but that could easily pair with denim or chinos. This, I think, fits the bill. Specs:

Last: Forest
Size: 8UK
Leather: Black rusticalf (the nicest, softest black pebble grain leather I’ve ever seen or felt)
Sole: Dainite
Laces, hooks, and edges: black.

I worked with @Carmina to have the vertical split-toe stitch omitted from the shoe. I couldn’t endorse Carmina more. They work with you on anything you desire and, with enough time, there’s no limit to what you can create if you’re willing to pay for it.

bennanza

Reaction score
My fourth MTO pair arrived and I am OVER THE MOON. I’m calling this the Carmina U-Tip boot. All my black shoes/boots, even the loafers I own, are a bit formal. I wanted something that’s classy but that could easily pair with denim or chinos. This, I think, fits the bill. Specs:

Leather: Black rusticalf (the nicest, softest black pebble grain leather I’ve ever seen or felt)

I worked with @Carmina to have the vertical split-toe stitch omitted from the shoe. I couldn’t endorse Carmina more. They work with you on anything you desire and, with enough time, there’s no limit to what you can create if you’re willing to pay for it. View attachment 1290247 View attachment 1290248 View attachment 1290249 View attachment 1290250
damn you! my only pair still hasn't arrived.
Beautiful boots, good to know we have the same size. I'll be ready when you want to sell some :D

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I worked with @Carmina to have the vertical split-toe stitch omitted from the shoe. I couldn’t endorse Carmina more. They work with you on anything you desire and, with enough time, there’s no limit to what you can create if you’re willing to pay for it. View attachment 1290247 View attachment 1290248 View attachment 1290249 View attachment 1290250
Would have never considered black boots. But having seen these, I’d definitely reconsider my view. Cracking boots.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn you! my only pair still hasn't arrived.
Beautiful boots, good to know we have the same size. I'll be ready when you want to sell some :D

Thanks, brother. I’m sure yours will get here soon. Interestingly, yesterday I reorganized my shoe/boot closet and selected about 6 pairs of shoes that I’m going to list for sale - all in a size 8UK, all either Carmina or C&J, and all used no more than 5 times (some twice, and in one case never).

Berto1

Reaction score
Thanks, brother. I’m sure yours will get here soon. Interestingly, yesterday I reorganized my shoe/boot closet and selected about 6 pairs of shoes that I’m going to list for sale - all in a size 8UK, all either Carmina or C&J, and all used no more than 5 times (some twice, and in one case never).
Pics of those 6 pairs?

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Does somebody have a full-brogues or half-brogues with medaillon n°15 ? The biggest medaillon of the custom section.
I am wondering what it looks like in real.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These look amazing. Congrats! My color 4 MTO is a similar make up on Oscar ( and with more pronounced handstitching). Your MTO gives me a preview of what I can expect, so I'm especially excited to see your makeup.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look amazing. Congrats! My color 4 MTO is a similar make up on Oscar ( and with more pronounced handstitching). Your MTO gives me a preview of what I can expect, so I'm especially excited to see your makeup.

Awesome! And if you got that in shell you’re gonna love it.

storm_will_pass

Reaction score

Nice nice nice. Reminds me of the C&J Galway which is also such an awesome boot. Good job!

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice nice nice. Reminds me of the C&J Galway which is also such an awesome boot. Good job!

Now that you mention it, there is one extremely noticeable difference you can’t discern from pictures. These boots are 50% lighter than my Galways. I suspect, but cannot confirm, that it’s because the Galway has a much chunkier sole (and a storm welt), but it also may have to do with the type of rubber used on the sole. Carmina’s sole is a daintie fashioned sole, but it is not, strictly speaking, a “Dainite” sole. Dainite does not make it and I find it to be much lighter, smoother to the touch, and cushioned than the actual Dainite produced by the Dainite company itself. Who knows.

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
What do people think of the Black Friday offer? I don’t really need new belts, but I would rather have new belts than nothing, and I have two orders that I would like to put in. Do people think I should take the belts and be happy, or wait for a better sale/MTO fee waiver. I could wait a month or two but not longer than that. I am mostly wondering if, in the past, there have been post-Christmas sales?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads