Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Hey guys... A not cool question for you as I'm a noob with PayPal...

So I sent 80 bucks 3 weeks ago to a SF member to get a jacket/shirt/pants and I had no news from him since then (even though he looged on SF a few times since). I have all the relevant information in my message box. I'm willing to give him 45 days to honor his part of the deal...

Is it possible to ask PayPal for a refund because I never received my item?

2. concealed

concealed Senior member

3 weeks is definitely enough time with no updates to out this fellow. he was doing this as a proxy for you I assume?

3. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Did you send the money as a personal gift or as 'goods and services'? If it's the former you might be shit outta luck.

4. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Yeah he was proxying some stuff (thrift price + a decent profit ya know!)

Thing is I don't remember if it was personal gift or goods and it doesnt show on the paypal transaction :/ Guess I'll have to call PayPal to sort this out!

I'm really disappointed because it's a SF member and because I really wanted those items lol!

5. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

+1 to all of these. Looking really good though.

With you doing mostly BINs, if the site gets enough traffic, would you consider cutting out the middleman (ebay) on certain items and setting up an ecommerce section of your site? For high price items, you could end up saving an assload of money on eBay fees.

6. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

7. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Typical. I order something and the shipping is specified as "USPS Priority Mail International", only to find out that's is been shipped out as a First Class Letter. So far it's been 3 weeks in a shipping limbo.

Why would regular sellers take risks like that? And just to save 5-10 bucks on shipping.

8. Brianpore

If it says Priority it should go priority, but just wondering, what was it, how much did you pay for int shipping, how much was the item, and what country are you shipping to?

That sucks

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

For instances like this and also for items under a pound going coast to coast, I keep a stack of Box 1097 handy. They are essentially the same size.

10. Brianpore

11. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Suit, shipped from US to Norway. I'm sure it will arrive sooner or later though... but still annoying when sellers take extra charge for shipping, only to ship it out with something cheaper and far slower.

Usually get the same "It turned out to be more expensive, and I had to get it shipped out" line.

On a side note, I've noticed that more and more US sellers are using the Global Shipping Program these days. I'm getting my first package with GSP right now, and so far I can't see why anyone would want to use it over the old USPS Priority Mail route. It took a whole two weeks before it was processed and shipped out of US, and the end cost for me is just the same. Only that it was two weeks slower.

12. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

GSP is a fucking plague...àEverytime I buy some stuff from the US I ask the seller to opt out to send to Canada... Most of the time they agree :D

13. Brianpore

Was wondering if it was an e-delcon country but it's not so I'm not sure how they are going to even track the suit unless they used registered mail. Even Priority Mail does not offer tracking as required by ebay for international shipments.

Was also wondering how much you actually paid for shipping for the item. For suits I charge a flat $55 and they get shipped Express Mail. Never had an issue so far but people complain about the cost of shipping. Its a toss up.

Ref the GSP........ it sucks for everyone.

14. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I did a big order yesterday of the all of the sizes. Now I have 20 different sizes of Priority boxes as well as my other boxes 4x4x4 & 6x3x3. I need @jebarne to design a box holder with the architectural plans I can put together [​IMG]

Edit:
    What are you guys doing with your boxes?

15. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Annoying my wife.