Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

HAHAHAHA My wife just glared when my first group of boxes came in, I ordered all of the flat rates and the RR boxes. Can't wait to see her face when I get my order of all of these standard priority boxes.

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

They are stored in the 4th bay of the garage, right next to the '68.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

[​IMG]

Seriously, my wife hates the stack of boxes in our storage room... But she loves the PayPal transfers to the bank account.

As for what I do with the boxes... We have two large metal frame storage shelves in one room, my back stock of boxes is in there. In my office, I have a shelf unit that has a selection of boxes and envelopes that I use the most.

4. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

5. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Some more:

I would add something like 'My selling philosophy' to your 'about' page. You're a top-rated seller with thousands of transactions. Here's a chance for you to shine. Tell them why you sell the way you sell (BINOBO vs Auctions, pros and cons of each method). More importantly, tell them why they should consign with you (competitive commission, top 5-10 percentile of selling price for similar items across ebay, etc.). Consider putting that as a separate tab on your homepage. You have such a wealth of experience, there's no situation you haven't faced in your selling career, and your challenge is to get that across to a potential consignor (or is it consignee?), not only through badass pictures of suits but your words. Anyone visiting your site should have no doubt whatsoever that you have total command of the ebay selling process, and that you know what the fuck you're talking about.

I remember you posted a screenshot of a RLPL tie that sold at the highest price among recent RLPL ties sold. Can you add similar screenshots across different categories to demonstrate that you do command close to the highest prices on ebay?

Ha, I think I'm done (for) now.

6. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I have over head storage in my office, which houses Medium FR (both sizes), RRA's, Large FR (both sizes), Padded FRE, Legal FRE, RRBs (both sizes), Express Side Loaders, USPS Mailing Envelopes, Tyvek's x2 sizes, Small FR boxes, USPS Shoe Boxes.

The duplicates are stored in the garage on a shelf. Wife don't mind, because she still has room for her vehicle to stay inside.

7. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Boys i'm really happy! After around 5 Months of selling on ebay, i've hit powerseller and top rated seller at 87 Feedback! What a nice motivating experience. SF is great, and thanks for all the advice guys.

8. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

This is very good point, and it addresses the main concern of the client. Possibly collect your higher priced sales, with information on the average sale price for similar items at the time. I would think that would easily be the biggest difference between yourself and competing cosigners, so why not highlight?

9. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

How about a whole page on "testimonials"? You can take the gallery image, put a big SOLD across the picture, and put the price under the image. Also get a few quotes from clients and add them to that page.

10. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

nvm thanks

11. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

We have an extra kitchen that really is not used, so I began using it as my shipping area. I found the boxes stack pretty nicely if you keep similar shapes with eachother and just stack based on size. One side of the counter is side loaders, the other side are top loaders. At this point I'd eliminate quite a few of these options, but I ordered a ton when I was first starting out. I keep the massive pile of 6x3x3 or whatever tie boxes underneath in one of the cupboards.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

13. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Quote: For those WITHOUT an ebay store, have you figured out a way to do this? I tried that bayfeeds.com site but it seemed pretty bare bones and I'm not sure it ever did anything...

14. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Glad I'm not alone! I posted about this a while ago. Still not working for me. I just sold 3 things that ended Sunday night. See this thread from ebay community:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shippi...tes-missing-from-Click-amp-Ship/td-p/22139322

15. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Anyone ever scheduled a pickup and had packages stolen off your porch? I didn't get my normal package pickup complete email, nor have they been scanned. Not to mention I saw a shady character walk by when i was home for lunch.

I'm guessing if it did happen, my recourse is that I'm just out the money for whatever was on the porch?