• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use iphoto to edit my pics, don't have photoshop. I'm weighing the hassle of moving everything out of my office versus having a better color in the room. I guess when I'm in there I am working, so maybe it's not worth the risk of messing up my photo setup...
doesn't matter what software you use if you can set a custom white balance in your camera. As the other guys have said, you need a reference white or grey (18%) card and then you're all set. But if you add more lights later or make other changes, you need to re-calibrate.

Its a 2 minute process.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need a white balance card for that. The gray card is for determining exposure.

I only run pics through Photoshop when I need to do a batch resize when I forget to switch my camera setting back to 2.1MP.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Nice!

I should be getting a stack of these soon.

Hah! The ever-present orange bow tie - perfect. Like your new logo as well - very clean and fits your store look & feel. Wes stands for "With Exceptional Service." If your wife is named Pam, I'd freak.

cdgreg

Reaction score
....I'm sure I was drinking at the time and just ordered.....

Am I the only one who has noticed a pattern....
rotflmao.gif

Also, @jebarne is the first package I have ever received that had a sticker on the outside above the address label with his business name and website. Well done!

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost got scammed for the first time. The buyer asked me to send another invoice to the address thekinglouisvdon@...
When you google it, the only thing to pop up is The official SF eBay Black List - Page 11 - Style Forum .
Thanks to all people who told me to be extremely careful.
This is a common scam. They'll send you a fake PayPal payment receipt email. Always check your funds before you ship, or make sure payment is received on eBay.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hah! The ever-present orange bow tie - perfect. Like your new logo as well - very clean and fits your store look & feel. Wes stands for "With Exceptional Service." If your wife is named Pam, I'd freak.
I figured it should be featured, I get so many requests to purchase it. Probably 2-3 a week during tweed season. Plus every time I scrolled down, I confused my cordovan avatar with Koala T's

HUGE SHOUTOUT to Brian for helping me photoshop the orange bow tie into the logo.

You and your word puzzles. I tell ya. My wife is Holly. My friends call her the Hollinator.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having an issue with a seller right now.

I bought a pair of florsheim by DB navy wingtips that had laces and were advertized as such. I get them and find that they're the laceless version with elastic under the tongue and laces for show. Seller won't accept a return. I start a case and they have yet to respond.

How should I do this?

I wasn't looking for loafer-ish shoes. I wouldn't have bought them if that had been anywhere in the description.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Having an issue with a seller right now.

I bought a pair of florsheim by DB navy wingtips that had laces and were advertized as such. I get them and find that they're the laceless version with elastic under the tongue and laces for show. Seller won't accept a return. I start a case and they have yet to respond.

How should I do this?

I wasn't looking for loafer-ish shoes. I wouldn't have bought them if that had been anywhere in the description.
link?

RY4N

Reaction score
I am looking at Ebay, and I wonder, what should the shoulder measurement be compared to the measurement of my shoulders? I measured my shoulders edge to edge, but I believe that jackets measure from seam to seam.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271483779332

Florsheim x Duckie brown makes laceless wingtips.

http://www.florsheimbyduckiebrown.com/shop/style/19003-600.html
http://marcustroy.com/footwear-florsheim-by-duckie-brown-laceless--wing-tip/
http://www.6pm.com/florsheim-by-duckie-brown-the-laceless-wing

Here's a previous ebay listing for a similar pair:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Florsheim-by-Duckie-Brown-Laceless-Leathe-
r-Wingtip-Oxfords-Navy-10-5-/161302813111

I wouldn't have bought them if I had known they were the laceless option as they're built differently. Seller's claiming that it's just a tongue gusset, which in this case it's not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads