Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. wilay05

wilay05 Senior member

Shipping some expensive expensive shies to China through the global shipping program...anything to worry about? Never shipped to China before.

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I just had a buyer leave feedback immediately after his purchase.

But yeah, if everyone left feed back, I'd be up around 1800... Not 1036.

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Call ebay and speak with someone. You can only open a case in Ebay OR paypal, not both. If he lost the case in ebay he could not leave neg feedback so maybe they can remove it b/c he lost the case in paypal, maybe not, but worth call.

about 50% +-

4. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Call ebay and speak with someone. You can only open a case in Ebay OR paypal, not both. If he lost the case in ebay he could not leave neg feedback so maybe they can remove it b/c he lost the case in paypal, maybe not, but worth  call.

Called Ebay....turns out they only block negative feed back if the case resolved is an item not received case, which mine is not.

5. suited

suited Senior member

Question for the photography experts:

I want to paint my office. My photo setup uses the walls and ceiling to bounce light - there is no direct light pointing at my mannequin, so the ability to bounce that light is what my entire setup hinges on. My concern is that changing the paint color could alter my lighting. Any thoughts? Right now the paint in the room is what the builder used (we didn't upgrade the paint the spare bedrooms when we built the house), which is a very light yellow on both the ceiling and wall - and I hate it. I would be moving to a white ceiling with a darker wall color, but nothing crazy dark, just something with more texture and depth.

6. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

You'd still have to deal with light being absorbed into darker colors, but you could easily bulk correct for color cast in photoshop using a grey card.

7. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

You should be able to do a custom white balance after painting, assuming your camera can do it.

8. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

Doesn't always get it right though. That said my grey card is only 95% too.

9. suited

suited Senior member

I use iphoto to edit my pics, don't have photoshop. I'm weighing the hassle of moving everything out of my office versus having a better color in the room. I guess when I'm in there I am working, so maybe it's not worth the risk of messing up my photo setup...

10. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

PHOTO LIGHT TENT! Best decision I ever made.

11. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Blah finally got my Thank You cards in the mail ready to print off my template, to find out my printer forces borders and cannot print in borderless mode. Will have to get a new printer.

Last edited: May 20, 2014

12. rhyme

rhyme Senior member

I think your picture set is up pretty solid as it is. I am kind of surprised you achieved this by just bouncing lights around.

If i had the space i would just get (2) shoot-through umbrella and a large softbox

13. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Cool. Are these cards that you'll include when shipping, or postcards you'll mail out at some point after shipping the item?
    I like that you used the eBay color scheme!

Along similar lines, I ordered some poly bags in 10 x 13 and 12 x 15.5 sizes, into which I'll pack items, and then further pack into Priority Mail (RRA or flat-rate box/padded mailer).
    ...and ordered these stickers to slap on the outside of the bags:

[​IMG]

I only ordered 100 of the stickers in case they suck, or I want to change them later...I was thinking of including contact info, a QR code that goes directly to my eBay store, etc, but I'm sure I was drinking at the time and just ordered whatever was easiest.

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

^^Nice!

I should be getting a stack of these soon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2014

15. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

They're small 5.5x4.25 so I'll throw'em into the bag with every shipment. Stickers are a really cool idea.

I saw your new logo and it made me want to get one, but I realize I don't really need one yet. Someday though.