• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I might do it more for blazer buttons than for random suit buttons.

woodchuck312

Reaction score
Got a buyer for your block lists hunter-trw

Guy bought a jacket from me Sunday night, shipped it out Tuesday morning. He wrote me this morning saying he hadn't received it yet, tracking shows no activity(i'm guessing USPS never scanned it initially). Said that if I don't resolve issue promptly he will leave negative feedback and that he demands his shipping fees refunded as well.

I told him i dropped it off Tueday morning at the post office and I can't control how they deliver their packages and to give it a day or two as their tracking system isn't the best and there has been some weather issues.and I aslo told him i was planning on giving him a shipping refund in the end anyway but did not appreciate his threats and extortion.

Anyway just a fair warning to you all

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that. Do you harvest them or just have a source? and if you harvest them, where do you get the box?

I recently bought a chaps blazer with moth holes for $3 because the buttons were the same as a PRL camel hair blazer that was missing one. Which now anything I find that has damage that makes it unsellable, I'm harvesting the buttons, putting them in a baggie labeled with the source.

Just wondering if there is a "best practice" for this.
sorry. I was remembering that ATLNoob had boxes and thought you did too. See, I'm getting old and need to sleep more.

Reigningchamp

Reaction score
Add Member id scottm2859 to your block list. Heis an asshole. I sold him a pair of my personal sneakers used once. He claims they were not as described becuase he thought he was getting a new pair of shoes. These buyers are becoming more frequent. They don't read and then try to place all the blaim on the seller and want us to pay return shipping for his mistake.

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Add [COLOR=0066CC]Member id scottm2859[/COLOR] to your block list. Heis an asshole. I sold him a pair of my personal sneakers used once. He claims they were not as described becuase he thought he was getting a new pair of shoes. These buyers are becoming more frequent. They don't read and then try to place all the blaim on the seller and want us to pay return shipping for his mistake.

Did you sell them as preowmed?

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Well, my view is that if I get a harris tweed missing a sleeve button, I have a set of football style buttons and I don't have to buy it. I have a Polo sports coat with a broken beige button. A pair of jos. a banks that I took out of my attic after 7 years of storage had a few holes in it but the waist button was a match for the polo coat. So, I'm capturing anything I throw out, which has been about 5 sets of pants and two coats that I had stored.

Right now, I'm looking for a Kiton horn sleeve button and the button for the rear pants pocket. I'd easily pay $10-$15 to get the original buttons.

So I mainly harvest them for future needs, but if I had a nice collection, sure, I'd sell them.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Plus, people are constantly needing the BB Fleece buttons, or the etched pants buttons, or the shirt buttons......Anything that is personalized like that you're eventually going to need.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With sneakers I always take a video of me packing and showing condition, don't want to discriminate to this market but it's always been a bit iffy.

SchoolyardBully

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but if i had to asked it probably already been posted before.

Anyways, would it be a good idea for a new seller like myself that doesn't normally generate a big amount of views set starting auction prices low on Item that will probably sell for alot more? or is it better if I set it under a price i'm comfortable of letting go or a price that allows me to break even? BINOBO?

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but if i had to asked it probably already been posted before.

Anyways, would it be a good idea for a new seller like myself that doesn't normally generate a big amount of views set starting auction prices low on Item that will probably sell for alot more? or is it better if I set it under a price i'm comfortable of letting go or a price that allows me to break even? BINOBO?
Option 2.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't forget about ebay and paypal fees when you set the price though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads