1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

You shouldn't have to pay for return shipping if this is not as described.

@Shoeluv gorgeous dogs, they look wonderful! I myself have a 75 lb pit bull, but she will go through a Costco size dog bag in about 2 months.

2. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

Turkish get up fit pic please @Fueco

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

You're on the right track - message the buyer, detailing the issue. If they don't resolve it to your satisfaction, open a case Not As Described.
    If I'd sold that jacket, I'd be embarrassed and issue a 100% refund and let you keep it as a beater (not worth fixing, not worth getting it returned since it can't be re-sold now knowing the damage).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  4. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

what ATL said, if that were I, a full refund would have already been issued, as well as you keeping the jacket.

In fact, something similar happened to me earlier this week. It was a cheap 10$ sale to get rid of a specific item I needed out. Well come to find out, I missed some damage in some very very discrete areas. Buyer opens a case, but not really requesting much in terms of a resolution. Just informing me, he was disappointed that it was described differently, then stating its not worth the return after shipping charges. But wanted to strictly say "I just want you to know, that I will not be leaving positive feedback"

I immediately went into the case, and wrote back informing him of the oversight on my end, how this has caused an inconvenience he should have never found himself involved in. Also informed him a full refund will take place soon immediately. Then proceeded to inform him, I do not conduct business in this fashion, and if he so chooses to give me another chance, he will see this first hand.

Lone be hold, I received this positive feedback from him "This seller does the right thing. Bid with confidence."

I was satisfied with my mistake [​IMG]

5. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Just measured a skinny Chaps tie out to be 49.25" x 3". I've yet to stumble across a tie this short. Is this a children's tie or just a short ass adult?

meh looks like kids. Lame

6. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I'd say kids, but I think the bigger issue is that you bought a Chaps tie. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

haha thats pretty short. You know whats funny, a few weeks back, I found a beautiful Sulka tie, but the skinny blade had been cut. It still measures I think about 52 inches. So I sold it for 25 bucks lol. Funny how things still sell, if it works out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Hah! I only have 1, maybe two ties with green and it was $1.99 so I bought it for myself. However, I've been too lazy to actually move it from all the stuff I have to sell, to my tie collection. So, I figured meh, clearly I don't really NEED it and I'll toss it up for $9.99 and make my money back. Little did I know it was 49" long!!!

[​IMG]

9. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

10. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

I'd better just go to bed before this gets any uglier!

11. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The other 164 Paul Stuart suits could be in the way ;)

Also, odd numbered sizing as well as short/longs are always a pay cut.

13. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Yep, I've moved on as well, I now close everything up. Have to open up less than one item a week.

Thanks to someone here (sorry don't remember who) I put all my item descriptions into an excel spreadsheet form, the serial number for the item is the page # of the spreadsheet. That number goes on the package. Serial number is added to the "add a note" section of the listing, this note survives relisting. Wish there was a faster way, REALLY wish there was a way for this # to automatically go into the shipping label. Works for now, add about 30-40 new items a week, just about enough to make all this worth it.

14. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I actually really like the pattern.

15. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

All of my items I sell are BIN

If I do a mass edit, can I change a few to FUTURE AUCTION LISTING? I can't seem to figure this out.

Thanks

16. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

In her favor, she probably never tried it on or saw the linings. I happened to catch one of mine that was shredded like that, but only because I was trying to guess the size and tried it on. Otherwise, I don't turn the sleeves inside out.

And I would just return it for a refund. gonna be a heck of a lot easier than negotiating a fair settlement. If faced with paying return shipping and then having a jacket in disrepair, she may just say keep it and refund.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  17. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I'm not following the excel piece, but I could be slow this morning.

18. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Anyone else's Outright/GoDaddy accounts say that your account is temporarily locked?

19. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Why don't you list it as "42L (tagged 43L)". Based on the measurements, it's sized like a 42.

20. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Or just call it a 42L - 43L