• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A potential bidder emails to ask if my Thom Browne shirt is authentic, and I'm not sure I should even bother answering. What do you guys do with questions about authenticity?

His feedback shows that 7 of the last 50 feedbacks he left were negative.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A potential bidder emails to ask if my Thom Browne shirt is authentic, and I'm not sure I should even bother answering. What do you guys do with questions about authenticity?

His feedback shows that 7 of the last 50 feedbacks he left were negative.

I'd block him merely for the prior negatives.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the guy with authenticity questions:
cryptikman.jpg

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI to everyone who uses a PayPal debit card - they are in the process of rolling out cards with chips in them, but don't have an exact date yet. There were three fraudulent charges on my pp debit card yesterday, from someone physically swiping a card at a Target. My info was copied from my card and put onto another piece of plastic. Crazy.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most prevalent places for skimmers are generic ATMs and gas pumps. The thief has to back to retrieve the device to download the stolen data. Fortunately, PayPal's fraud protection is very easy to deal with.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
FYI to everyone who uses a PayPal debit card - they are in the process of rolling out cards with chips in them, but don't have an exact date yet. There were three fraudulent charges on my pp debit card yesterday, from someone physically swiping a card at a Target. My info was copied from my card and put onto another piece of plastic. Crazy.

Yep, I use my PP card all the time too, and have it set up to ping my phone every time there's a transaction. A few years ago, when I lived in VT, I went into a frame shop to pick up a piece they'd finished up for me, and the guy went into the back to run my card. Ping. Transaction for the framing. I put the art in the car, started off, and hadn't got a block when "ping", another transaction, this time for nearly $400. Guy had obviously just noted down the card data, and promptly used it to buy internet Appreciation. Pretty easy getting an "instant chargeback", but it was a hassle, as I had to change my card out, and it's tied to all the business-related automatic payments. You can bet all my cards are now set to notify on every transaction!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, I use my PP card all the time too, and have it set up to ping my phone every time there's a transaction. A few years ago, when I lived in VT, I went into a frame shop to pick up a piece they'd finished up for me, and the guy went into the back to run my card. Ping. Transaction for the framing. I put the art in the car, started off, and hadn't got a block when "ping", another transaction, this time for nearly $400. Guy had obviously just noted down the card data, and promptly used it to buy internet Appreciation. Pretty easy getting an "instant chargeback", but it was a hassle, as I had to change my card out, and it's tied to all the business-related automatic payments. You can bet all my cards are now set to notify on every transaction!

The email notification is how I found out.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had that happen, and I only caught it because I was classifying my transactions in Outright (Go Daddy Bookkeeping) and found 2 charges at 2 adjacent gas stations in VA.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't close this case already and refund the buyer; which I almost did this morning. Apparently, the jersey showed up today, 13 days late!

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 11.35.17 AM.png

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you confront him?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads