• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4741.PNG

IMG_4742.PNG

Is there's anytbibg I can do to avoid this guy totally ******* me and senior me a box without my suit? I accepted his return after he asked to return it and now he's just being a fuckin weirdo

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 812432
View attachment 812433
Is there's anytbibg I can do to avoid this guy totally ******* me and senior me a box without my suit? I accepted his return after he asked to return it and now he's just being a fuckin weirdo
It feels like an elaborate set-up to me. He pretends to worry about being screwed over, when that is exactly what he intends to do to you.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It feels like an elaborate set-up to me. He pretends to worry about being screwed over, when that is exactly what he intends to do to you.
Uh yea which is why I'm worried
I already called eBay to give them a heads up in case something happens. Anything else I can do?

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Did you confront him?
Hehe. Very good point, and I was tempted to roll on in and raise the roof. But I decided to suppress the vigilante impulse and leave it to Vermont's finest. Truthfully, I moved back west a couple weeks later and had forgotten all about it until I saw the OP's comment (hey, I had my money back!).

On a related note, though, I sometimes do worry about how heavily I use my PP card. I have to keep reminding myself "that's my actual money in there". I did disengage it from my checking account, to prevent a major disaster, but like most of you, funds tend to accumulate in there when sales are up and I'm between buying sprees . . .

Another related note: I'm sure you all know that with the PP card, there's a cash back deal on purchases, and it took me a while to learn that it works only with credit transactions, not debit. I've got a few grand back over the years, so it's well worth it. And it also provides a strong disincentive to using my PIN in public places.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh yea which is why I'm worried
I already called eBay to give them a heads up in case something happens. Anything else I can do?
You can always have the return package flagged for post office pickup. Then, you can open it in front of witnesses. However, that's a bit of a hassle. I would just wait and see what happens and deal with it from there.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how this works with tracked international shipments?

IMG_7704.PNG

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If its down to an INR case, "recipient being notified" and "attempted" puts you in the clear (with the right agent).

Thanks! I figured it worked similarly to domestic shipments, but I haven't had this arise with international orders yet. This one is lost in Canada Post in Halifax... I think that the buyer has enough good feedback that he's not a scammer, so hopefully this is just a post office mixup.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I figured it worked similarly to domestic shipments, but I haven't had this arise with international orders yet. This one is lost in Canada Post in Halifax... I think that the buyer has enough good feedback that he's not a scammer, so hopefully this is just a post office mixup.
Canada Post is probably holding it at the post office for the buyer to come in and pay duty. It's super common. It could also be that the buyer wasn't home and there was no safe spot to leave the package (or they have a community mailbox and it doesn't fit in the parcel locker). Regardless, I wouldn't worry in the least.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Canada Post is probably holding it at the post office for the buyer to come in and pay duty. It's super common. It could also be that the buyer wasn't home and there was no safe spot to leave the package (or they have a community mailbox and it doesn't fit in the parcel locker). Regardless, I wouldn't worry in the least.

My only reason for concern is the first message he sent. I've seen scams that started this way, so there's just a smidge of doubt creeping into my mind. I have no concerns over the quality of Canada Post's service. My wife is from Alberta, so I've sent lots of packages up north over the years.

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 7.24.05 AM.png

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, would appreciate some advice.

I uploaded some listings on eBay (ties), and they show up as active on my dashboard, but they're not showing up on search listings. Any idea what might be causing it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics