• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you might want to block this scammer. probably a women's only buyer but still.

Bought these shoes

had a brand new heel like this -

says she got this

files and wins a case but the dipshit forgets to upload tracking for her fraudulent claim, so overturned in my favor. Suck it.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't offer returns, as stated in my auctions, ...

Whether you take returns or not, you still take returns. Ebay will force you to if it's not as described, and the buyer is the one who decides the reason they want to return it (does not fit, wrong item sent, not as described, etc). Meaning, you may believe it to be as described, but if the buyer disagrees, and that's their reason for returning, then you will take the return. Sucks to take a return on a $10 sale, but do you really have the time and desire to fight that...for ten lousy bucks? I'd just take it, block them, and go on with life.

borbor

Reaction score
Whether you take returns or not, you still take returns. Ebay will force you to if it's not as described, and the buyer is the one who decides the reason they want to return it (does not fit, wrong item sent, not as described, etc). Meaning, you may believe it to be as described, but if the buyer disagrees, and that's their reason for returning, then you will take the return. Sucks to take a return on a $10 sale, but do you really have the time and desire to fight that...for ten lousy bucks? I'd just take it, block them, and go on with life.
not entirely true

the buyer may claim it's not as described; but if the reason for their claim is invalid, the case doesn't hold water and they can close it in the seller's favour. I had that happen earlier in the year. Transaction was mid dec, he opens a case in january (a 600 dollar blazer, buys it in dec for xmas holiday parties, wants to return it after the break? **** you published writer from brooklyn)

was a NAD case, for color discrepancy. i called and stated my case plus questioned why the delay if it was not as describe dwith the colour being the reason.

case closed in my favour.

borbor

Reaction score
imo color perception seems like the ultimate bulletproof NAD excuse.

i'm curious to hear if anybody has a solution - how do you refute somebody's perception of color?

i'd probably just refund and politely ask him to throw away the tie for me since it's apparently unphotographable. i mean honestly, it's sitting on a ******* mahogany table.
when you have well lit photos, it helps

but what are they going to say, it's not red when it clearly is red and your description says it's red? that's not a case they can win. i asked this very question almost a year ago on here and the more experienced guys all told me colour is not a legitimate NAD claim.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you might want to block this scammer. probably a women's only buyer but still.

Also a good tip to take a screen-shot of the user name and post the image here (like Spoo just did), instead of posting it as text...I think Fueco turned me onto that, but I've been lazy and just posting the name as text...anyway, last thing you want is the ebayer to google you / your ebay name / your SF name if it's the same for ebay / their ebay name, and see that you posted them to be blocked. People get vindictive.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not entirely true

the buyer may claim it's not as described; but if the reason for their claim is invalid, the case doesn't hold water and they can close it in the seller's favour. I had that happen earlier in the year. Transaction was mid dec, he opens a case in january (a 600 dollar blazer, buys it in dec for xmas holiday parties, wants to return it after the break? **** you published writer from brooklyn)

was a NAD case, for color discrepancy. i called and stated my case plus questioned why the delay if it was not as describe dwith the colour being the reason.

yeah, i can dig that. i didn't read the whole listing description or specifics - if it was listed and described as Simply Red, and the guy got what he thought was a burgundy tie...in my book that's still red i guess. so, yeah, agreed - not 100%, but i've had NAD returns along those lines and in the end - i just take 'em and shuffle on.

Simply Red? Simply Red.

0.jpg

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a good plan. I ship First Class International to all Delcon countries.
I've been wanting to do that.

Here's the list from the USPS website. I think that the * means they are STILL suspended from eDelcon. Shipping to France blows almost as much as Brazil.
Countries Accepting Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International Service
Note: An asterisk indicates that service was temporarily suspended on June 12, 2014.

Australia
Belgium
Brazil*
Canada
Croatia
Denmark*
Estonia
Finland
France*

Germany
Gibraltar*
Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Hungary
Israel
Italy*
Latvia
Lithuania

Luxembourg*
Malaysia
Malta
Netherlands
New Zealand
Portugal*
Singapore
Spain
Switzerland

need a user name on this one if it's not already on the list.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whether you take returns or not, you still take returns.  Ebay will force you to if it's not as described, and the buyer is the one who decides the reason they want to return it (does not fit, wrong item sent, not as described, etc).  Meaning, you may believe it to be as described, but if the buyer disagrees, and that's their reason for returning, then you will take the return.  Sucks to take a return on a $10 sale, but do you really have the time and desire to fight that...for ten lousy bucks?  I'd just take it, block them, and go on with life.

For me it's more the point, than the $10; had they approached it without such an attitude I would've taken the return. If it comes down to having no choice then I'll take it, block them and post their ID here for the list.

TinderStick

Reaction score
For me it's more the point, than the $10; had they approached it without such an attitude I would've taken the return. If it comes down to having no choice then I'll take it, block them and post their ID here for the list.
If I was you I'd fight it because of their attitude. Your photos look good, you described it as a red tie, not a specific shade, so I don't think they have a case. And it would be satisfying if you won.

borbor

Reaction score
second fighting it.

what's next, posting the ******* RGB number for colour description?
crackup[1].gif
where the hell does it end. his beef has nothing to do with the colours.

TinderStick

Reaction score
second fighting it.

what's next, posting the ******* RGB number for colour description?
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
where the hell does it end. his beef has nothing to do with the colours.
He should politely suggest to the buyer that he has his monitor calibrated to avoid any issues in the future.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should politely suggest to the buyer that he has his monitor calibrated to avoid any issues in the future.

I routinely respond to customers asking about colors, "It looks fine on my calibrated MacBook Pro display". I've also been known to give people PMS colors that match the item in question.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads