1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I just checked for updates, downloaded the last update and got one out - lets see if the rest follow.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

nope.

3. doogle

doogle Senior member

Been a while I've done any shipping..it's been a few years. Trying to catch up with the latest changes.

I see Paypal increased the signature confirmation requirement from $250 -> $750 now.

Has anyone recently tried to ship something over $750 from the US to international destinations? What do you use for signature confirmation?

Also, a separate question...has anyone shipped lower value items (under $750) through USPS, internationally, and received online viewable delivery confirmation (tracking)? Which shipping tier did you use?

Also found this link on USPS website about E-Delcon (E DeliveryConfirmation), there's a list of countries supported. http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm

From the looks of it, shipping to... say, Hong Kong, would not give me any online viewable tracking? I must say, I remember back around 2010-2013, every package I shipped to Hong Kong all had online viewable tracking. Unless the policy has changed since then..

4. SpooPoker

Switched the image host from GS to ebay and they're going, but im getting errors on anything that has over 12 images.

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

EBay hosting only allows 12 images.

6. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

"Fuck the police and a 502."

1 person likes this.
  7. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I actually bought the everlance app for my phone. it automatically tracks date, time, locations, mileage. you then just swipe on specific trips to make them business related.

I imported the data via CSV into godaddy bookkeeping.

Would love to do this directly into godaddy but haven't explored the phone app.

1 person likes this.
  8. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

Any suggestions on fighting with ebay VeRO? Had one of my listings deleted just now for the following reason. 100% sure the item is real.

Your listing has been removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item

EDIT - item is NWT Coach purse

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  9. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

It depends on the brand, but VeRO is what keeps me up at night. It's a terribly one-sided system and the brands tend to contract hit-squad security firms to deal with the dirty work. I dealt with one once a few years ago with an item that was 100% legit. I believe they have to offer you contact details to dispute. They basically said without proof that they like, they'd push against it. They refused to delcare why they felt it was suspicious and they had a HUGE number of listings taken down all at once.

Having said that, I believe others have been more successful. Theneedmachine was once flagged for his photography, but once he explained that they were his photos, his listing was reinstated.

1 person likes this.
  10. drlivingston

Are these the same people that gave @Fueco shit about Velcro?

11. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Quite probably. As I understand it, Brand A contracts "security" company Z to "protect" their brand. They employee people and algorithms to seek things that they don't like and invoke VeRO. eBay trusts the brand and pulls the listing until you can sufficiently "prove" provenance.

I'm completely against fakes, especially when they're being sold as the real deal. VeRO was created to both fight counterfeit merchandise and appease the brands. Some use it appropriately and limit the junk that is posted. Others, and this is the problem, use it to remove anything that they don't like. It may be because of price-points or their viewpoint that it cheapens their name, but too often it violates the right of second sale.

1 person likes this.
  12. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

My listing couldn't possibly cheapen the name of Coach any worse than what they've already done to themselves. :rimshot:

A PM from @1ofTheCoolKids reminded me that Coach recently moved their serial number to a small interior tag (instead of it being stamped on the leather creed). Listing didn't include a pic of this tag so I could get how a hasty review could think it looked fake. Hopefully I'll be able to provide additional pics and clear it up.

2 people like this.
  13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Fuck Vero.

I had an issue with something once for violating import laws. The company never responded when I asked why. I resold it without international shipping as an option.

2 people like this.
  14. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

Yeah this is lame; I'm not quite sure what my next step is supposed to be..

Can't reply to the eBay deletion message I received (even though the text says that I should), and they only provide generic Coach contact info.. like I'm just supposed to just call up Coach and ask why they deleted my eBay listing. [​IMG]

15. Westbound

Westbound Senior member

Need some advice from you guys. I bought a jacket from the eBay seller Topshelfapparel (member Vman on here) and like an idiot I sent the payment (almost $700) as gift. Received the jacket, zipper was damaged, sent the jacket back to him and after two emails, I received no response or refund from him in three weeks. Got nowhere with Paypal and so I'm wondering: is small claims the only option or is there any other way to get this guy to return my funds?

16. drlivingston

Did you buy the jacket through eBay and through forum messaging? I am sure that you made it clear but my medicine head is preventing coherent thought.

17. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

Guessing private transaction since he paid via PayPal gift.

18. Westbound

Westbound Senior member

^Right. Found the jacket on eBay, but finalized the transaction directly through Paypal. Only contact made through the forum was to inquire about the refund and that, too, went unanswered.

19. drlivingston

Makes sense... My brain is only firing on about 2 cylinders right now. lol

20. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

[​IMG]

Did you have some correspondence about the zipper prior to shipping it back? Did you use tracking on the return?