1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Pierson v Post

Pierson v Post Senior member

Yes, 4th call, used those words, gone.

4 people like this.
  2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Glad to help.

And I didnt forget about your tie, working on that.

4 people like this.
  3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

So, Canon canceled my order because of "Warehouse Issues" without contacting me. I only found out when I called yesterday to find out where my camera was since I hadn't been updated for over a week. They claim they called me... Since the order showed as reversed on PayPal, I just ordered a camera through Ebay.

I did change my mind though, and ordered an EOS 80D instead. The only drawback seems to be that the DIGIC processor is 6+ instead of 7 (1/2 generation older). The construction of the body seems to be better (it's sealed against dust and moisture), and some of the features seem better.

Anyway, instead of reporting on a new camera right now, I'll be waiting until next Wednesday or so.

Oh, and I found the body for about $75 less than I had paid for the 77D.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    2 people like this.
  4. CWOyaji

CWOyaji Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  5. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Taht fuckin turd bag from the Tommy Windbreaker I wasnt sure about opened a PayPal charge back. It almost went to the post office this morning, pulled it from the pile waiting in PayPal

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  6. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Block
    kmguzman17

1 person likes this.
  7. leisurewear

leisurewear Senior member

Question on recording mileage for the group: working through the godaddy app for the first time. when you guys record mileage, do you actually input it day to day? Was thinking of just putting one entry per month with the total miles driven but didn't want it to trip any red flags. Even entering it once a week would save a lot of time but willing to do it day by day if that's the best way

8. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

So I got negative feedback saying the Zegna Microtene jacket
    Ruined his suit. I accepted a retun on it even tho he wore it for 9 days before saying anything is wrong. Any chance of havin feedback removed? Basically I'm getting a completely
    Fucked jacket back even tho it was fine when I sent it

9. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

Did the inner coating start to wear off? Did they send pictures of the jacket or the damage to their suit? I'm trying to understand how the jacket failed. I know on older jackets sometimes the inner linings start to flake off.

They had it for 9 days, did it just show the damage the first day they wore it? Was it from the sleeves that may not have had the quilted liner over them?

This is an odd one for sure.

10. classicthrifter

Quote:
    Originally Posted by leisurewear [​IMG]

Question on recording mileage for the group: working through the godaddy app for the first time. when you guys record mileage, do you actually input it day to day? Was thinking of just putting one entry per month with the total miles driven but didn't want it to trip any red flags. Even entering it once a week would save a lot of time but willing to do it day by day if that's the best way

I will record it every few days when I have the receipts piled up a bit.

I record the locations and the full addresses for each one and the total mileage for each trip.

It doesn't take too much time after you get the hang of it. Plus you can copy and paste the data from past days into current days (IE: drove from home to point A, then point B, then back home)

1 person likes this.
  11. NewStart

NewStart Senior member

In case it gets cancelled again, try the 7D MkII

12. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

He said it was flaking off In the hood, he said he has pictures but he obviously wore it a bunch before opening a return

13. classicthrifter

Unless others see a way to get this reversed via eBay honestly I'd just take the refund and offer the guy some bucks to get his suit dry cleaned (and then see if he'll do a feedback reversal after the fact). I'm sure it was fine looking when you sent it but we sell used stuff, I can see this happening, especially in a possible tuck away hood that may not have seen much use and been crinkled up for a while. Hopefully you can get this resolved.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

is anyone else getting a 502 error on GS right now?

1 person likes this.
  15. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

same thing. went on here to check. I guess its their image server.

16. tgaith77

tgaith77 Senior member

Yep. Got the same error code from GS...

17. SpooPoker

Working now...

18. SpooPoker

edit, no its not. squeaked out 30 but failing on the rest. What a pain in the ass.

19. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

20. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I thought about that one a couple of years ago. The 80D seems slightly better for my current needs. When I am able to step up to a pro level camera, I'll be looking at a newer version of the 5d IV or similarly positioned full frame body.