• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I've added First Class to Canada for almost all of my listings. Maybe that will help to get rid of some of my backstock of Louis Garneau stuff...

I'm still not selling that tie to the guy that bitched about the price of shipping. His attitude shows that he's not worth dealing with.

It's a good plan. I ship First Class International to all Delcon countries.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
I'm still not selling that tie to the guy that bitched about the price of shipping. His attitude shows that he's not worth dealing with.
This as well.

I stopped answering a lot of message on eBay for one of two reasons.

1 ****** attitude - getting a couple bucks more for the item isn't worth him possibly returning an items for a ridiculous reason out of spite.
2. Answering questions that are clearly answered in the ad.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This as well.

I stopped answering a lot of message on eBay for one of two reasons.

1 ****** attitude - getting a couple bucks more for the item isn't worth him possibly returning an items for a ridiculous reason out of spite.
2. Answering questions that are clearly answered in the ad.

So true... I got a question yesterday asking if a men's jacket was men's or women's. Trying to come up with a response that isn't snarky consumes a lot of time that I don't really have. I've sold 20+ of the exact jacket with no issues.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This

I had a shirt ship to Russia once and it sat in the International Sorting Facility for probably 2-3 weeks, so it definitely isn't the quickest, but the buyer was understanding in that they paid maybe $15 to ship it all that way.

Even if you ship USPS Priority International, things will take their sweet time arriving at their destination. This is a pair of ladies boots that I shipped to Israel. They arrived today after quite a journey. They were shipped "Priority". Check out this example of efficiency:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if you ship USPS Priority International, things will take their sweet time arriving at their destination. This is a pair of ladies boots that I shipped to Israel. They arrived today after quite a journey. They were shipped "Priority". Check out this example of efficiency:

LOL, going through Brazil to get to Israel.

Did someone swim that across the Atlantic?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from Miami to Rio to Tel Aviv?!

that package has had a more interesting life than i have

frown.gif

Last edited:

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cursing myself for not thinking of this earlier. Using a voice to text app on my phone has made the measuring process so much faster than my earlier way of measuring, putting the tape down, picking up the pen which always had a way of rolling off the table, writing the number down, and then on to the next measurement.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cursing myself for not thinking of this earlier. Using a voice to text app on my phone has made the measuring process so much faster than my earlier way of measuring, putting the tape down, picking up the pen which always had a way of rolling off the table, writing the number down, and then on to the next measurement.
Holy ****.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoa! I just tested this in my Sheets app and it worked great. Thanks!

(question: why didn't you use a spreadsheet or something? seems like handwriting it would be a huge pain **********.)

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I used to write measurements down but changed after a couple months of selling. My computer is on the same desk I use to measure. Saves a lot of time. I take a couple measurements then take 1 step to the right and enter them into my auction template.

I set the auction up first. Drag the photos in, enter the title, price, etc., then the measurements are last. Actually, my photo setup, measurement area and computer are all located on the same desk.

Last edited:

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My work surface is too small for a laptop while I measure clothes so I used pen and paper and it just became a habit. Didn't even think about it until today.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, just got my first color related complaint... I don't offer returns, as stated in my auctions, but here's the message I just received...

"This tie does not look anything like the pictures. .I was buying a bright red tie not dark burgundy. .I will send it back tomorrow for a full refund..this is shameful how bad the pictures are"

Having sold several hundred items over the past three months, using the exact same photo setup with zero color related complaints, I highly doubt it was that far off... Link to the sold auction is below:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERMENEGILDO...5-/231733075460?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Should I take this return or can I tell them to take a hike? Don't really appreciate BS claims.

As always, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, just got my first color related complaint... I don't offer returns, as stated in my auctions, but here's the message I just received...

"This tie does not look anything like the pictures. .I was buying a bright red tie not dark burgundy. .I will send it back tomorrow for a full refund..this is shameful how bad the pictures are"

Having sold several hundred items over the past three months, using the exact same photo setup with zero color related complaints, I highly doubt it was that far off... Link to the sold auction is below:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERMENEGILDO...5-/231733075460?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Should I take this return or can I tell them to take a hike? Don't really appreciate BS claims.

As always, thanks in advance!

Tell him 'dark burgundy' is redundant.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
imo color perception seems like the ultimate bulletproof NAD excuse.

i'm curious to hear if anybody has a solution - how do you refute somebody's perception of color?

i'd probably just refund and politely ask him to throw away the tie for me since it's apparently unphotographable. i mean honestly, it's sitting on a ******* mahogany table.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads