• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask Me About Magic

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^You rule. And you can take me to lunch anytime.
smile.gif
Just don't use your magic to try and steal my wallet.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
^You rule.

And you can take me to lunch anytime.
smile.gif

Just don't use your magic to try and steal my wallet.

Rach you are a sweetheart. I might have to do another one for you. Soon I'm going to have to make a video for all the SF gheys (does LK count?)

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Rach you are a sweetheart. I might have to do another one for you. Soon I'm going to have to make a video for all the SF gheys (does LK count?)
Until LK has declared his out-ness in a letter to Prof Fabulous, he is not to be "trusted" as a true-blue (or true-pink) ****. One must follow certain protocols when coming Out.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Dear Natan Thanks for your interest, we (line redacted) based at Miami and we have around 23 cruise ships which are sailing from Los-Angeles, Newyork,Miami, Europe etc., Ships sails to Caribbean, South America, Europe etc., We need close-up magician on board the ship to work in the restaurants and in the bars. The salary would be around $(salary redacted). The medical, insurance, accommodation, food etc., will be taken care by the company. If you are interested or need more details please feel free to mail me back. (name redacted)" The plot thickens! I'll keep you guys posted. Still very early in the game, but this could turn quite exciting.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Dear Natan

Thanks for your interest, we (line redacted) based at Miami and we have around 23 cruise ships which are sailing from Los-Angeles, Newyork,Miami, Europe etc., Ships sails to Caribbean, South America, Europe etc., We need close-up magician on board the ship to work in the restaurants and in the bars. The salary would be around $(salary redacted). The medical, insurance, accommodation, food etc., will be taken care by the company.

If you are interested or need more details please feel free to mail me back.

(name redacted)"

The plot thickens! I'll keep you guys posted. Still very early in the game, but this could turn quite exciting.

Thats really great man, I hope that it happens for you. As long as you got a bit of free time and use of the facilities, working on a cruise ship for a while would be pretty cool!!

K

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
No questions, but I just wanted to mention that that sounds like a great opportunity.

P.S. I finally picked up An Expert at the Card Table.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Still in early stages of talking with the cruise line so we'll see what transpires, I also hypnotized a friend this weekend. This is a new area for me, so it was a real feelign of accomplishment when it worked!
Originally Posted by oDD_LotS
No questions, but I just wanted to mention that that sounds like a great opportunity. P.S. I finally picked up An Expert at the Card Table.
Glad to see you picked it up. Honestly, as fun as it is as a historical document, it is somewhat cumbersome to learn from. I'd recommend Hugard and Braue's Royal Road to Card Magic (easily available from Dover for 8 bucks) if you actually want to pick up some sleight-of-hand.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I used to know a good bit of sleight of hand, but I've really slacked off. I identified with what you said earlier about trying to leave behind the world of birthday parties.

The magician at the local shop (who's actually a published and well-known magic author) said the same about the book (he referred to it as hellishly boring, I believe), but I feel like I need to read it if only to understand the context and references of EVERY CARD WORKER EVER! Every book I have says "refer to Erdnase" or (in the case of coins) "as taught by Bobo".

I'll definitely take your suggestions!

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Should you be Hypnotist now instead? Nice to hear about the cruise deal, good stuff.

I do have a question about magic: how do I do the trick in my avatar(<---)? Not the throwing up part, that I can handle just fine.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

magic-9657.jpg

Who is the longhair next to Lesko? It looks androgynous, but in spite of the earring and feminine features, the flat chest, adam's apple, and hint of 5 o'clock shadow indicate that it's actually male. The oh-so-ironic post-Obama campaign t-shirt aside, is that a blazer with a hoodie attached to it?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oDD_LotS
I used to know a good bit of sleight of hand, but I've really slacked off. I identified with what you said earlier about trying to leave behind the world of birthday parties.

The magician at the local shop (who's actually a published and well-known magic author) said the same about the book (he referred to it as hellishly boring, I believe), but I feel like I need to read it if only to understand the context and references of EVERY CARD WORKER EVER! Every book I have says "refer to Erdnase" or (in the case of coins) "as taught by Bobo".

I'll definitely take your suggestions!

Check out Giobbi's Card College Lite. Roberto Giobbi wrote a very comprehensive 5-volume work entitled Card College, and recently released the condensed Card College Lite, which is a great modern way to learn some sleight of hand.

Card magic is a huge area of the literature though, so coins are much easier. Bobo is an important historical (and affordable) reference point, but Kaufman's Coin Magic is more modern and clearly written. Between those and mabey some David Roth or Al Schneider you will be set on coins.

Originally Posted by whacked
^ Should you be Hypnotist now instead? Nice to hear about the cruise deal, good stuff.

I do have a question about magic: how do I do the trick in my avatar(<---)? Not the throwing up part, that I can handle just fine.

Ahh...this is an effect best accomplished by what we romantically refer to as "chemical magic." Local statutes forbid me from giving you the specifics so I would direct you to forum favorite, the Dutch T4phage.

Originally Posted by holymadness
Who is the longhair next to Lesko? It looks androgynous, but in spite of the earring and feminine features, the flat chest, adam's apple, and hint of 5 o'clock shadow indicate that it's actually male. The oh-so-ironic post-Obama campaign t-shirt aside, is that a blazer with a hoodie attached to it?

Ahh, that is Lesko's son. a really nice guy who was working for the Obama campaign. My only complaint with him is he was indeed wearing a blazer with an attached hood. Other than that, a complete gentleman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads