1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask Me About Magic

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Nouveau Pauvre, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Can you get me tickets? Depending on the time, I might be able to stop by.

Hey, speaking of magic to pick up women (we could rename this thread), can you show me how to do this...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I appreciate the support! I'm really sorry but shit was all kinds of chaotic, and there was no way I could get tickets for anyone (much to the chagrin of my girlfriend and dad). I'm doing stuff in the area though, and I'll keep everyone posted.

2. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    I appreciate the support! I'm really sorry but shit was all kinds of chaotic, and there was no way I could get tickets for anyone (much to the chagrin of my girlfriend and dad). I'm doing stuff in the area though, and I'll keep everyone posted.

Well, I'm cool with not getting the tickets. I doubt I could have gotten out of the ball where I was early enough anyway. I'm more interested in learning fire tricks to pick up women at the bar now. [​IMG]

I'm going to be planning a DC meet-up now that the Inauguration has past. Are you in? Bring fire tricks.

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Well, I'm cool with not getting the tickets. I doubt I could have gotten out of the ball where I was early enough anyway. I'm more interested in learning fire tricks to pick up women at the bar now. [​IMG]

I'm going to be planning a DC meet-up now that the Inauguration has past. Are you in? Bring fire tricks.

Absolutely. I've really enjoyed the few I've been too. How come we've missed you at the Farinelli's ones?

4. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Absolutely. I've really enjoyed the few I've been too. How come we've missed you at the Farinelli's ones?

To be honest, the only one I knew about was the last holiday party. I was at another party and was hoping to come later but when I got the chance I thought midnight was too late.

I will definitely come to the next one. No excuses.

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Photos from the Inaugural Gala [​IMG] [​IMG] Yours truly. (suit is Zegna)

6. Nouveau Pauvre

[​IMG] Industry legend and frequent television performer Michael Ammar [​IMG] The Gala (Honoring our Nation's Servicemen) [​IMG] Another industry legend and the foremost worldwide gambling expert Darwin Ortiz.

7. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

^^ Cool pics! Thanks for sharing!

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Bamf.

Who says Mafoofan has a monopoly on narcissistic threads?

Ask away fellas.

9. NickFSB

NickFSB New Member

Is there a Classical School of Magic?

Is Harry Potter homosexual?

Yes, Mozart founded it...

and Yes

Nick
    FSBMens.com

10. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I've heard about magicians being used in WWII to do things like hide tanks. Any other cool examples of magicians finding themselves in unusual circumstances, away from the stage?

11. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Abracadabra!

Just rezzed a 3-year-old thread.

Magic, baby!

I'd like to learn some magic tricks. I'm mostly interested in the close up, sleight-of-hand stuff. Any books you recommend? Preferably something I could pick up cheap (used) on Amazon. Or a helpful website.

12. Nouveau Pauvre

Still interested? I recommend you invest in my enormously expensive course-by-webcam.

If that's a little out of budget I would be glad to recommend some perfectly adequate resources that should at least take you up to mediocrity.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  13. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

The latter is my preferred option. The personal webcam course sounds fantastic, but I'm afraid most of my funds are tied up helping a Nigerian prince (I'm gonna make a huge return on my investment, though. And it's for a good cause).

14. Nouveau Pauvre

15. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

I recently saw someone perform the floating table trick - I understand it's a special table from a guy called Losander - I still can't figure out how the table works after youtube and google. Can you explain it in layman terms?

16. Nouveau Pauvre

It's not my secret to tell.

I'd be glad to show you where to buy one - I think they start around $700. :)

The concept was actually pioneered by a Dutch magician named Tommy Wonder - he does it with a birdcage and its an incredible routine.

17. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Making this thread to read it soon. Looks interesting. :)

18. Nouveau Pauvre

19. Nouveau Pauvre