• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Lazytiki

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a black cap toe shoes on my upcoming vacation that costs less than $300. What are some brands I should look at? The only decent brand available where I am from is Allen Edmonds. I will be in Vancouver and would like to take advantage of the broader selection.

Thank you

Spurious

Reaction score

Hi, can anyone identify the shirt that ryan gosling is wearing or point to a retailer that produces shirts like these? I have searched "bengal shirts" and "striped shirts" but have not found one close to this one:
thanks!
Luxire would be able to replicate but you would need to get measurements done correctly.

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone identify the shirt that ryan gosling is wearing or point to a retailer that produces shirts like these? I have searched "bengal shirts" and "striped shirts" but have not found one close to this one:

thanks!

I doubt anyone will be able to identify the exact shirt he is wearing--but it is a "contrast collar" striped dress shirt. Try that as a starting point.

nvestr

Reaction score
Is this suit color appropriate for business wear in finance? I really like it but am scared it comes off as too flashy... In the photo it doesn't look baby blue, but rather a light gray-blue (if that makes sense). Thoughts?

bradp

Reaction score
Take your lead from those whom you work with. I also work in a conservative environment and, although the color doesn't strike me as all that loud, the context is important to make sure you don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's too light a blue. Conservative colors are navy and charcoal.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For lighter blues (a lighter navy, french blue), if you do want to try pull them off, I'd definitely have it worsted and untextured so it's more formal.

redtomate

Reaction score
I got a bespoke navy blazer made and asked him to do the neopolitan soft shoulder, "Spalla Camicia". It looks like each shoulder is slightly different, however, and I'm not sure which is correct.
Left Shoulder (Pic 1) goes outward and forms a dimple/pucker of fabric. This one has more visibly more pleats/shirring on the shoulder.
Right Shoulder (Pic 2) goes straight down like a shirt, and drapes along my shoulder.
Neither shoulder has any padding at all. Which shoulder is correct, so I can have him redo the other?

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/qyu9N#0

All Tatters

Reaction score
I got a bespoke navy blazer made and asked him to do the neopolitan soft shoulder, "Spalla Camicia". It looks like each shoulder is slightly different, however, and I'm not sure which is correct.
Left Shoulder (Pic 1) goes outward and forms a dimple/pucker of fabric. This one has more visibly more pleats/shirring on the shoulder.
Right Shoulder (Pic 2) goes straight down like a shirt, and drapes along my shoulder.
Neither shoulder has any padding at all. Which shoulder is correct, so I can have him redo the other?

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/qyu9N#0

Not that much of a difference as far as I can tell.

Could it be the case that the jacket shoulders are in fact identical but your shoulders are slightly different width/stance/slope and your tailor has not accounted for it (enough)?

Cambel

Reaction score
Anyone have experience tailoring a double breasted jacket?

Received a Corneliani double breasted blazer hand me down. Size is my size, 36R, but the thing is: shoulders are very padded and the thing is dang boxy--pretty much zero waist suppression. Would need to have the waist taken in to make it wearable for me; shoulders might be fine so long as the waist is brought in.

I realize pics would probably help, but just wondering if this is something that sounds like it's in the realm of doable (slimming jacket; maybe removing shoulder padding) or too much major surgery. Are the mechanics of tailoring a DB similar to that of SB?

docgerrard

Reaction score
What do you think about merlot colored Allen Edmond Mcallisters for interview shoes?

I was going to go with walnut Strands, I think I should be a little more conservative but I still want some character.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads