• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

AndrewST

Reaction score
Is this damage on my suit jacket arm fixable? If so, how? (Not sure how it happened.)

Attachments

• IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2348.jpg
    IMG_2348.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 173

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the best option for 100% cotton ribbed tank? I want a white cotton ribbed tank for warmer days to wear it tucked in with open shirt over it. Can not find any good options really and would love to get a suggestions on it.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone identify if RLPL Kent suit in link is a true Purple Label or is it the old Black Label? The price is $4000 Canadian dollars.

acconrad

Reaction score
Can someone identify if RLPL Kent suit in link is a true Purple Label or is it the old Black Label? The price is $4000 Canadian dollars.

This is Purple Label. Newer Purple Label, but it is. Anthony was the old Black Label line and looks to be the spiritual successor to Anthony based on the roped shoulder and pick stitching with a narrow lapel.

Deelbeson

Reaction score
Came back from Japan recently and saw a man wearing a knitted suit, similar to knitted ties. I didn't know such suits existed. I asked where he got it from and told me years ago from Zara, it could have fooled me for a custom made. Do these type of suits still exist out there? Unfortunately, I didn't get to snap a pic of it.

Justaboveaverage

Reaction score
Hi I’m new to the forums. I would like help determining my skin tone.

What is the best pictures to post to determine this.

Would a stark white shirt vs off white shirt be a good comparison?

I have greenish veins under my arm

Much appreciated

bde

Reaction score
In old movies, I see men buttoning only the bottom button of the jacket. Was that the style at the time? When did the style change?

Corded Dyson Vacuum

Reaction score
Can contrast stitching on lapel buttonhole and functional cuffs be changed?
Yes. A good alterations tailor will unpick the thread and re-do it another colour. Price will depend on whether it is done by machine or hand. If you're a bit crafty it's something you can learn to do yourself, although that's true of everything I suppose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads