• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Could some of you weigh in on the fit of these sport coats? They fit well in the shoulders and are an appropriate length, but I worry that there is too much room between my shirt collar and the jacket collar. It lays well in the back of the neck, but there is more room on the sides than on the other jackets I own — almost as if my neck isn’t large enough for the hole. What do you guys think?

I apologize for the photos. I do not have selfie-friendly mirrors!

Attachments

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Both jackets appear to fit well
2) Can you post a pic or two of the other jackets you have that you think fit better?
3) From my eye, it looks like any gap to the sides of the shirt collar have more to do with the style (button down) and size (relatively small) of your shirts and have nothing to do with the fit of the jackets.
4) A larger shirt collar with some roll or an appropriately proportioned spread collar will fill out that space better.

bobbers

Reaction score
Any ideas for shirt/trousers colors to wear to go along with this beige jacket?

jacket.jpg

refinery

Reaction score
What are some brands/models that seem to fit shorter/wider statures better? I'm 173cm but have been working out so I wear a 42 in chest typically.

I've found Spier (short), Suitsupply Jort (short), tend to fit me well. Any other suggestions for models/brands? I'd like to avoid going MTM (for now).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.