• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all your questions I recommend you mail or ping Them here. They helped me with a few adjustments and can surely make them.

db123456

Reaction score
For all your questions I recommend you mail or ping Them here. They helped me with a few adjustments and can surely make them.

Thanks for the advice. I emailed them and got a very quick and helpful response.

I'll summarize the response here in case it helps others.

1. On the fitting options -- If you specify garment measurements, then the fit selected determines the cut at the armhole, which isn't specified in the measurements. Slim fitting means a raised armhole and, thus, narrower sleeves.

If you specify body measurements, then the fitting option determines how much allowance is added arrive at the actual garment measurements. Slim fitting means less allowance added, and hence a slimmer fit.

2. Each of the collar options is fused. But the the interlining is reinforced for a stiff collar, and made lighter for the soft-collar option.

3. There's no option to raise or lower the second button (i.e., you can't specify the spacing to the first button below the collar.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have really stopped being active here. I don't know if this has to do with the departure of Caroline last year.

They have 20% off sales for black friday now.

sforum1

Reaction score
At Propercloth they offer a perfect-fit guarantee, if your first shirt does not fit as you would like it to they will remake it for you for free. Do you know if Apposta offers something similar to that?

archipel

Reaction score
They also have a perfect fit guarantee. They have remade my shirts free of charge until I was satisfied.

sforum1

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm happy with Propercloth, especially having now figured out my measurements with them, but I like the fabric selection of Apposta. I was not aware of them until now, after searching in Google for MTO shirt makers specifically for this very reason, that I felt that Propercloth had a lot of gaps in their fabric offerings. And I came across Apposta. Also I know that in the past I have given my propercoth dimensions to other shirtmakers but the fit did not come out the same, especially given that each shirtmaker may be using measurements that others don't.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm happy with Propercloth, especially having now figured out my measurements with them, but I like the fabric selection of Apposta. I was not aware of them until now, after searching in Google for MTO shirt makers specifically for this very reason, that I felt that Propercloth had a lot of gaps in their fabric offerings. And I came across Apposta. Also I know that in the past I have given my propercoth dimensions to other shirtmakers but the fit did not come out the same, especially given that each shirtmaker may be using measurements that others don't.

I'll give you this bit of advice. The measurements you provide to Apposta are much more limited. Coming from Proper Cloth, I found Apposta shirts to run quite a bit slimmer by default in the arms and the armhole is quite a bit higher. I don't think they have a good system to embrace fabric shrinkage (a limitation involved in offering thousands of fabrics) as I've had some shirts shrink well below the desired measurements to the point I had to donate them because they were unusable. Thomas Mason Goldline Oxford is a particular example. I would steer clear of that fabric for sure.

Also, be careful on the cuff measurement. Apposta measures that differently than PC and that was a mistake I made on my first shirt.

zr3rs

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, it is not under "Guides" as the email says, but under "Features" only accessible through the bottom of the main page. I am not sure whether they give misleading instructions or there is something missing in the menu. Anyway, there is a code where it was last year. Have not tried it, though...

archipel

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, it is not under "Guides" as the email says, but under "Features" only accessible through the bottom of the main page. I am not sure whether they give misleading instructions or there is something missing in the menu. Anyway, there is a code where it was last year. Have not tried it, though...

I can't find it. I looked through the Guides and there is also no 'features' at the bottom.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads