• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

calidist

Reaction score
I bought some shell patriots a few days before the $299 sale. They were $360 as well. By the time they shipped (yesterday, Friday) the $299 sale was in place. I figured it can't hurt to ask them to give me the $299 price retroactively. Think I'm asking too much?

It certainly doesn't hurt to ask. A matter of a couple of days is more compelling than my two weeks. With AE's fantastic customer service you have a high likelihood of getting a price adjustment.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Anybody have a Strawfut? Just got some and found they fit pretty generous. Thoughts?

Talking of which:

Number of pairs of AE shoes in my room yesterday: 1

Number of pairs of AE shoes in my room today: 5

Oops. :)

I picked up a pair of Strawfut navy/brown seconds during the recent 2/$250 sale. I have only worn them once, but I really liked how lightweight and cool they were. I wore them on a 100 degree day. It will be a fixture in my rotation next summer.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Another cordovan question here. Picked up my Burgundy Shell daltons today, and overall, I am very very pleased with them. I do, however, think that they look a little bit lack luster right now. Not very much in the way of a shine on them, I might even describe them as dull.

Should I use the AE cordovan cream I got with them right away (ie, before or after first wearing) or should I just wear them out a bit first? I am looking to get a little bit more of a shine on them. I have already worn them around the house a little bit, and put about an hour of brushing into them.
I had the same problem with mine when I received them a few months back. I used reno mat and renovateur on mine to remove the build up of AE Creme to get down to the raw shell. Then I use the mac method after every few wears. I bush after every wear. I did just recently use some Venetian Creme on them, and that did wonders for them. I have never used any wax shoe polish on my shell. My Burgundy Shell Daltons look better now than they ever have, and they seem to get better with every wear, as shell should. Here are my Shell Burgundy Daltons from last week.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

speaking of AE brushes.. got two in the mail the other day, first time using them. both immediately hazed over whichever shoe I used them on. My Star brush came back through and shined them up, but its almost like the AEs have something on the bristles?

am I just defective when it comes to brushes 
patch%5B1%5D.gif

I have not experienced this. Maybe give them a quick rinse?

MakingChanges

Reaction score
E is offering 25% additional off of all clearance. The Webgem Broadstreets that were offered a few months ago are included in lots of sizes. If you missed them then, and have regretted the decision (like me), now is your opportunity.

epc2

Reaction score
Sizing question on the 5 last , will a 10E fit similar to a 9.5EE , I know that when going up in width you also gain a bit of lenght , I'd like to know since I'm interested in a model that is available in that size.

Thanks.

AdamAdam

Reaction score

Sizing question on the 5 last , will a 10E fit similar to a 9.5EE , I know that when going up in width you also gain a bit of lenght , I'd like to know since I'm interested in a model that is available in that size.

Thanks.

I'm in a similar situation as after much trial and error I've found that I'm 7.5EE on the 5 last. I tried many different sizes as on the Brannock I'm an 8E. However that last is very long and narrow so I found an 8D was very long on me and just too narrow. I was going to try an 8E but figured it would just end up being too wide and still too long. Fitting into an EE width makes it diffucult to find seconds and ebay items.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA - 25%off all clearance on the AE website right now.

mavrik13

Reaction score
AE is offering 25% additional off of all clearance. The Webgem Broadstreets that were offered a few months ago are included in lots of sizes. If you missed them then, and have regretted the decision (like me), now is your opportunity.
Thanks for the update - not too much I'm interested in, but obviously sizing dependent. Some of the deals are better than the 2/250 price (especially considering they are 1st quality!)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stgrim

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation as after much trial and error I've found that I'm 7.5EE on the 5 last. I tried many different sizes as on the Brannock I'm an 8E. However that last is very long and narrow so I found an 8D was very long on me and just too narrow. I was going to try an 8E but figured it would just end up being too wide and still too long. Fitting into an EE width makes it diffucult to find seconds and ebay items.

I am in a similar situation; I wear 9D on the 1-last (Townleys) with a very snug fit, 9E in the 2-last (New Orleans & Ralph Lauren Saunders) and 9D in the Elgins, which are on the 5-last but fit much larger due to its Dublin leather construction. Just got into the AE addiction and purchased a McAllister, Strand and Park Avenue in 8.5E. I spent the entire afternoon yesterday figuring if I got them in the correct size, finally decided that 8.5EE should be correct for me and have ordered them to compare directly against the 8.5E I have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads