1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OlafG

OlafG Senior Member

No, I don't think so. It's been mentioned earlier in this thread that AE stores the finished uppers of the shoes and then put them on a sole if it's ordered by a customer.

2. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I feel like someone should clarify...don't really 'rinse' your shoes! hahahaha

3. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

What kind of shoes are you normally wearing? For instance I wear a 10 in sneakers, but I am an 8D in most Allen Edmonds. I would base the size of the McTavish off the size of the AE you already have. I'm not sure what last the Fairfax is on, but you should be within a half size of the McTavish.

4. DHD28

DHD28 Senior Member

Just received a bonus at work and now I'm having a hard time restraining myself from the Shell webgem deal... particularly the Strand. Anyone care to talk me out of it?

5. JezeC

JezeC Distinguished Member

Sure. If you have debt that you need to pay off first - school loan, car payment, mortgages, retirement matching etc... -, then you should use your bonus towards the more important obligations. However, if you have cash to blow, AEs are a pretty solid choice considering the recent deals. To make you feel better, I just picked up 2 pairs this week and possibly more with the looming 2/250 deal.

Kinda of ironic but I'm hoping you can talk me out of purchasing more, haha.

6. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior Member

Thanks for the answers guys. This is what I will continue to do. I have already worked a fair amount off with a damp rag. And so it continues....

7. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

Here's what's holding me back: next month, the rediscover america sale knocks 15% off all shoes, including burgundy shells down to around 510$ ish...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

8. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior Member

I'm glad to see that over the last few pages there are other EE weirdos besides me. My question for the group is this: There are only certain models that are offered in EE. If I decided that I really wanted a shoe and was willing to go the MTO route, would I be able to get it in a width that is not normally offered? For instance, if I wanted a Dalton in 7.5EE do they even have that size in the 1 last that they could use for a custom order?

9. clew

clew Active Member

Not sure if posted, but Lands End has the Bayfield Boot on sale for 259.99 w/free shipping too.

10. TheBoy

TheBoy Member

I'm loving the six pairs of AE I own--but they're all shoes. I'm looking in the clearance section and trying to decide between the bitter chocolate and lighter tan Amok chukka.

I'd likely be wearing them with jeans more than anything else, and I'm feeling a little clueless about which color would serve better. Thoughts?

11. just a bro

just a bro New Member

Anyone know any promo codes to use at checkout? I'm trying to stack my discounts.
    Edit: to specify, I'm buying from allenedmonds.com for the clearance bonus

12. salgy

salgy Well-Known Member

Can someone PM me MTO Allison's contact info, please & thank you

13. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Been having a hardcore buffing day today, watching football and shining my shell shoes... Here are my Walnut Shell Strands, they are almost two years old now! I think that they turn 2 in January... Anyways, hope that you enjoy them, they are my favorite of all my shoes (Aldens and Crockett & Jones included) to date! Both in terms of fit, color, and style.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

14. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

The sale includes shell? Doesn't that mean the current Strand webgem will actually be cheaper during the sale than now?

15. cincikid

cincikid Senior Member

In case you are wondering what they are, these are the version of AE MacNeil designed for the German market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.