1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

2. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Allison informed me this week that she's no longer able to honor clearance prices when I inquired about an MTO Promontory Point. So it appears that the Eagle County can't be MTO'd at $167 now.

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

ah, it was only a matter of time.

4. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

If only it wasn't on a tough last to fit.
    He may have made it better IMO. I don't think that brown and black have any business together. Maybe it doesn't look right though, depending on the shade of brown the sole edges are. Without seeing it, I don't think I have any issues with it.

5. peppercorn78

Sage advice. In the clear-headed light of day, I realize that my heart truly desires neither. My wallet thanks you.

1 person likes this.
  6. peppercorn78

lots of new additions to clearance, BTW. Including Elgin!!

7. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

Chukkamok 1sts for $157. Not a bad deal at all. The Carson City has also been brought back for those who missed out on Black Friday.

8. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

[​IMG]

I think I'm somewhere between an 8.5D and 8D on the 8 last. These inserts that patrick_b recommended seem to take up just the right amount of space to make my 8.5D's fit well with zero lacing gap.

Problem solved. Thanks, patrick_b!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. chris45

chris45 Senior member

Good to know.. thanks. What size insole did you purchase for your 8/8.5D?

10. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  11. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

[​IMG]
    Red and White Neumoks for Valentines Day.

1 person likes this.
  12. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

That eagle county is nice. Could I dye or paint or stain the brown welt on the black eagle county?

13. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

US W12/M9/ EU 42

14. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

Wow, a lot of stuff added to the clearance section. Does that mean that everything in the clearance section will be on sale for 2 for $250?

15. chris45

chris45 Senior member

@halfnhalfnhalf you know I've been on standby for a grey Long Branch -- how do you personally like that color in comparison to your current pair, even considering you haven't seen that particular shade of grey in person?

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Anyone have any success coloring that Harrier Sole edge- I have a black pair of boots that have it and thought I would get used to it but have not and though it fits in more with the Tan leather that sole is stopping me from the ~~Chukkamok Chukka Boots in blue the Carson City boot and the Spiaggia blue sued...Not sure if edge dressing would actually soak in and darken it enough

17. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Still so tempted to do a shaker heights mto in blackkkkk!

18. peppercorn78

19. Steam67

Steam67 New Member

This is as good a time as any to quit lurking and make a post.

Just pulled the trigger on some shell Leeds and MacNeils, you enabling sonsabitches. [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. AIK1891

AIK1891 Active Member

As I hadn't formed a definitive answer from browsing/searching, I asked this along with a few other questions several pages back; maybe as of this week it could use clarification & updating:

• As of now / going forward, what is the true default rate to be expected for doing MTO?
    {especially for sale items}

It certainly would help me as a new poster/long-time lurker, but maybe even some others if there is an updated policy for guidance.

I know there is a waiver for forum members of the $125 custom fee, but the only items I have in the pipeline right now are all current models so I was quoted just the current price.

But older models?
    For example, seeing as how I've been impressed with the Eagle County MTOs I've seen here and I'm returning my Daltons that are too big, if I wanted to add an Eagle County of my own, I shouldn't expect to get the latest reduction at $167? But could I still get the $197 that others got? Or now would MTO be back to whatever had been the full retail when they were first sold? (I don't even remember that price[?]; I didn't like the model until I saw the customs here because I didn't like the soles they came stock with).

Another example: I saw Chukkamok's are back in clearance with a clearance price, and in my last e-mail, before they were back on the website, I had asked Allison about the availability of them MTO in suede because the 4-234 last should be a lot better for my feet than the 5-65 of the Cronmok/Strandmok. (and also, the Chukkamok is another model I don't like the stock sole offering). I haven't had a reply on that question yet. There are even some Hamptons back on the website … another one I could tweak (I could like that one in an all white part-leather/part-suede better than the Neumok that I could build with the schools colors promotion right now).

A further kink is that some of the clearance-priced shoes I just put in my shopping cart are "In-Stock," but others are "Order Now. Handcrafted for you in 8 Weeks." That seems to me like they're being custom made regardless.

It would be nice to have some benchline guidance to estimate a cost in my own head (full retail price / sale price, like the Banchory just knocked off $28 - 10% / final clearance discount, like the Chukkamok discounted $103 - 40%?) without having to contact Allison for each new custom I come up with in my mind; not only does it sometimes take a while to get an answer, but I can dream up 2-3 custom ideas in my mind each week even if I only finally pull the trigger on less than a half-dozen throughout the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.